realization and confirmation

I was speechless. How did I not realize that Justin was the boy every girl was obsessed with???

Everything made sense now! How he didn’t understand how he didn’t know who I was, and that he was hesitant to tell me his last name.

He looked so cute as he watched me waiting to see what my reaction was. Wait did I just think he was cute? Oh no. I pushed it to the back of my mind and smiled at Justin.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t want you to think of me any differently.  I laughed at him.

“Well, if you’re worried about that, you are still the same Justin to me.”

He gave me such a big smile that it made my heart flip.

“I have to go record the rest of my songs, but you’ll wait for me right?”

“Like I have anywhere else to be.” I said with a smile.

As he sang his songs every time his eyes met mine my stomach would flutter. What was happening to me?

I went through every possible explanation and came to two theories, I had a terminal illness, or I liked Justin.

I couldn’t like Justin! Because then he would find out and it would get very awkward and then he would kick me out and I would be homeless!

So I had to crush my feelings. Forget how he had saved me and his cute laugh and how nice and caring he had been to me.

This was going to be hard.

I had to remember that he didn’t like me back anyway, I didn’t even know if he had a girlfriend.

I put my head in my hands, he probably had a girlfriend!

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn’t even realize that Justin had stopped singing.

“Rose, come on, we are going home.”

I slowly got up avoiding his eyes. We climbed in the car and I turned on the radio. 

With my luck I shouldn’t have been surprised that the first song that came on was by him.

“So, do you go to school?” Oh no, he can’t send me back there! That’s the first place my dad will look!

“Yes, but I don’t want to go back there please.” I said desperately.

“I won’t don’t worry, you can homeschool with me.”

“Thank you.”

“So listen, I have a tour in a couple weeks, you wanna come?” I looked over at him surprised.

“Um, I don’t have to, I mean you’ve already done so much for me! I really don’t want to be a burden!”

We had pulled up into his drive way by then so he turned to look at me, “Listen to me Rose, you are so far from a burden. We love having you here and if you think I’m just gonna drop you off in the streets, you are so wrong.” I felt like he could see right into me when he said that, I felt so vulnerable. 

He leaned in and hugged me I leant into him and wrapped my arms around his neck, nestling my head into the space between his shoulder and collar bone.

I pulled away from him after a few minutes and said, “Come on, I’m starving.”

He laughed at me , “You’re always hungry!”

“Oh shut up!” I said laughing along with him.

As we sat down to eat our grilled cheese sandwiches, courtesy of Justin, we started our question game again.

He went first, “What’s your birthday?”