clothes and the hospital

Please review!

I was sitting on the couch with Justin when my dad came barging in through the front door. He had a gun in his hand.

“Give me my daughter back!”

Justin stood up and put me behind his back I was crying and telling him to stop but he wouldn’t listen.

They started fighting and he shot Justin.

“NOOOOOOO!”

“Rose! Rose! Your asleep and you’re having a bad dream! Wake up! Everything’s alright! Don’t worry!” I opened my eyes and Justin was looking down at me worriedly. Oh Thank god he’s alive!

I was still crying so Justin hugged me tight until the tears subsided.

“Are you alright?”

I nodded my head. Alright It’s already 7 O’clock so if you want to go back to bed you can but I can make you breakfast if you’re hungry.”

“Um? Can I take a shower?” I asked quietly.

“Oh yah! Sure! Here,” he walked over to a dresser and pulled out a shirt and sweatpants. I realized we must’ve been in his room. I looked around; it looked like a normal guy’s room. “You can wear these until my mom gets back; she went to get some clothes for you.” I looked at him confused, why would she do that? I’m leaving. Aren’t I? “You can’t stay in those clothes forever!” He led me to the bathroom and gave me a towel. “I will be downstairs when you get out, okay?” I nodded my head and walked into the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I had long blonde hair, my dad never got me any haircuts, but I liked it. I had blue eyes. I never thought I was pretty, my dad made sure of that. I hopped into the shower and let the hot water relax my tense muscles.

I tried not to think of my dad but I eventually couldn’t push him out anymore. Once he found me or Justin made me leave I will go to the police. I couldn’t take his crap anymore.

Once the water ran cold I hopped out, dried myself off and put Justin’s clothes on, the sweatpants kept falling down but the shirt went down to my knees, so I just folded the sweatpants up and put them on his bed.

I could smell food so I Iet my nose led me to the cause of the delicious scent. When I reached the kitchen I saw Justin over the stove.

He looked over at me and his eyebrows furrowed together.

“What?” Why was he staring at me like that?

“What happened to you?” He walked over to me and trailed his hand down the side of my face. It stung slightly and then I remembered the bruises, my makeup must’ve washed off in the shower.

“And you thought I was trying to commit suicide because my boyfriend broke up with me or something right?” I said smirking at him. “Yum pancakes.” My stomach growled just looking at them.

“Come on, let’s eat.”

About halfway through the breakfast a woman in her early 30’s walked in, I was guessing she was Justin’s mom.

“This must be Rosalinda!”

“You can call me Rose.”

“I’m Pattie, Nice to meet you.”

“You too.”

“I got you some clothes!”

“You didn’t have to do that…”

“Please we have enough money to spare a little! It was our pleasure. Just tell me when you’re done eating so we can go try them on!”

“Thanks and I’m done now.”

“Great! Let’s go.” I got up and Justin and I followed Pattie to the living room. There was a bunch of shopping bags covering the floor and the couches. “You don’t have to try them all on right now but you can bring them up to the guest bedroom where you will be staying then can you come back down, we have some things to discuss.”

Oh no, She going to make me tell her that my dad’s abusing me! Then she will go to the police! I took a deep breath, it will be okay. I helped Justin carry the many bags upstairs to my new room. When we were done I changed and We slowly walked back downstairs to the living room where Pattie was sitting on the couch.

“Come over here an sit down Rose.” I hesitantly sat down. “Now tell me what happened to you.

I started with the basics. “I ran away from home.” I said in a shaky voice.

“Why?” She asked sounding concerned.

I started crying and I felt the couch dip beside me. I felt Justin’s hands slide around my wait and pull me into his body.

“Mom, do we have to do this?”

“Justin we have to figure out why she ran away!”

“She will tell us when she’s ready.”

“Fine, but we are taking her to the doctor; I want to get those bruises checked out.

“Rosie?” I heard Justin say into my ear. “My mom wants us to go to the doctor okay?”

“Okay.” I sniffled I’d do anything If I didn’t have to tell them.

Justin picked me up again and carried out to the car. He sat in the backseat with me while Pattie drove us to the doctor. We pulled into the doctors and I got out of the car. Justin got out after me, He was wearing a hat, with a hoodie on with the hood up and sunglasses.

I just ignored it and walked behind Pattie into the doors.

Once we were in the examination room, the doctor made Justin and Pattie leave while he examined me. Once he was done, he left to go talk to Pattie so I leaned back on the bed and went to sleep.

Justin’s point of view

I paced back and forth outside of her hospital room, when was he going to be done? I needed to see if she was alright.

“Justin calm down, she’s going to be fine.” I sighed and sank into a chair next to my mom. She’s right I just can’t help but feel so protective over this girl I just met yesterday!

When the doctor came out I sprang out of my chair. “Is she okay?”

“She will be fine, but there is something I want to talk to your mother about.”

My mom stood up and came over to us. “What’s the verdict?”

“Who does Rosalinda live with?”

“We don’t know.”

“Well it seems that she has sustained long term abuse.”

“How long term?”

“There’s no way to know for sure, considering bruises and cuts fade away, but we did see that her shoulders have been torn out of sockets a few times, the first time it happened was 5 years ago. That was put back in by a doctor but all the other ones have been done herself, which have put some damage on those. She also has had a lot of sprained wrist and ankles but only 4 broken bones, the person who did this must’ve realized that too many would’ve caused suspicion.”

I can’t believe whoever did this. They must’ve been incredibly sick; Rosie is so pretty and sweet. It seems like shed never hurt a fly! She didn’t deserve this at all. I will protect her.

When the doctor was done describing all her injuries I went into the examination room to find Rosie asleep, snoring softly. I picked her up gently carrying her back to the car. When we were back at the house I walked her into my room laying her softly on my bed. I was about to leave when I heard her say my name.

“Justin?”

“Yes angel?”

“Will you stay with me?”

“Of course!” I climbed in next to her and she snuggled into my side.

When I knew she was asleep I bent down and kissed her forehead.