the beginning and almost the end

Hey this is my first story on Wattpad! Constructive criticism appreciated! The first few paragraphs are pretty bland they are just to explain, the next chapter will be also better!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last thing I saw before I passed out from pain was the picture of the last happy memory I had in my life, it was my 7th birthday and my parents had taken me to the zoo. When we had walked in a person who worked there took our picture and then gave it to my dad for 5 dollars. In the picture I was in between my parents with a huge smile, my dad was kissing my head and my mom was smiling but had a distant look on her face. I wonder if she had planned it for weeks or had been a snap decision, her leaving us. 

I woke up on the cold wooden floor, I tried to get up and move to the bed but a searing pain went through my shoulder. It was dislocated. I had been through this before so I laid on my bed and popped it back in. Good as new. Before I fell asleep I heard my father yelling downstairs, he probably ran out of beer. Oh no, that means… before I could even finish my sentence my dad came barging into my room and slapped my across the face.

“YOU SLUT!  YOU STOLE ALL OF MY BEER” I knew better than to explain to him that I didn’t in fact steal his beer, he drank all of it. If I told him that it would make the beatings worse so I just sat there and let him get all of his anger out. As I sat there I contemplated what got me in this position. I only came to one conclusion. My mother. She left the day after my 7th birthday. I still remember that day like it was yesterday.

I was laying in my bed when the yelling started. My parents had never fought before, so I had no clue what was going on. I heard my dad yelling something about “You can’t leave! I love you!” and Her saying “I don’t want to be tied down anymore, I don’t want her or you.”

Then she left, without even saying goodbye. My dad resorted to alcohol for the next year or so then one day it dawned on him. It wasn’t his fault she left…. it was mine.  So the beatings started, when I was 9 it was only grabbing a bit to hard, 10 slapping, 11 hitting, you get the picture. It has gotten worse and worse. I’m 16 now and I’m afraid I will die before I can get to my 18th birthday.

He finally passed out and I could escape. I went into my bathroom and put on cover up so no one could see my bruises and ran outside, pretending that I was going to run away for good. I have tried a few times but he has always caught me. The beatings when I got back were always the worst, so I haven’t tried anymore. We lived in Manhattan, New York, so when I had these nights where I could escape for a while I always came down and roamed around the city.

 I passed my high school, my other hell. Ever since my freshman year and Travis,  guys would take me into hallways, bathrooms and under the bleachers and rape me. It still happens, 2 years later, but not that often.

I had tried many times to kill myself, with cutting but my dad had always caught me and took me to the hospital before I could die. I guess he does actually want me to live, or he wants to kill me himself.

I will never let him have that pleasure though. Through my random walking I came across a railroad track. Perfect. I sat down and waited for a train to come. I would wait here all night I if had to.

Then someone had to ruin it.

“Hey.” I just looked up at him. He looked around my age. It was too dark to tell what he looked like.

“You know there’s a train coming soon right.”

I just nodded. He stepped closer to me. “Well? Are you gonna get up?”

I didn’t say anything again. I finally heard the train coming. My lips curved up a bit, knowing that this was the end. Nothing could stop me now. The boy in front of me looked really confused. In the oncoming train lights I could see him a bit better He had shaggy blondish brown hair and really pretty eyes, they were brown.

“Come on, get off the tracks.” I just stared at him. “Please? I’m not going to watch you die.”

“Then don’t watch.”

I could feel the train now. People say when you die you see your life flash between your eyes. I didn’t, I just saw this mystery man standing in front me. Then I felt the impact. Then I got really confused because I wasn’t pushed from the side, I was pushed from the front.

 I felt something land on top of me and I opened my eyes and saw someone on top of me. I realized what happened. He pushed me out of the way. I got really angry.

“What is your problem?! Why can’t you mind your own business?” I yelled at him.

“I’m sorry if I couldn’t just let you kill yourself!” I scoffed and stalked away. He was so annoying! He doesn’t understand what I’m going through! Tears started streaming down my face. I didn’t want to go back to my father! I wanted to leave but I knew I only had three options. 1.) Go back 2.) runaway 3.) go to the police and get sent to a foster home. None of them sounded good.

I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and it was the same guy from earlier. “What do you want from me?!” tears still streaming down my face.

“I want to help you.” No one has ever said this to me before.

“Helping me would’ve been letting me die back there.”

He sighed. “How about you can come back to my house and get cleaned up and we can talk there okay?”

I know I shouldn’t have accepted, but if he was a crazy person who ended up killing me, then I got what I wanted right?

“Okay.” He let me back to his car, and opened the door for me. I slid in and curled my knees up to my chest, I leaned my head against the window.

“I just realized that I don’t even know your name!” He said looking over at me.

“Rosalinda”

He smiled at me. “That means beautiful in Spanish.”

I bit my lip to keep from crying. That’s one of the insults my dad uses on me. ‘Your name means beautiful? Your mother must have been hallucinating when she named you because anyone can tell you aren’t beautiful.’ He would say.

Tears came down my face anyway. He looked over at me and realized I was crying. “Oh no, was it something I said? Please don’t cry. I’m sorry.”

I sniffled and wiped my tears away. “I’m okay. What’s your name?”

He looked confused over at me. “You don’t know?”

“Umm… No? Am I supposed to?”

“Well, I’m just surprised… I’m Justin.”

“Okay, Justin, where do you live?”

“It will be about 10 more minutes”

“Why were you at the tracks tonight?” I asked confused why he would be all the way out there when he lived almost 30 minutes away.

“I come out there to think.” I yawned and closed my eyes. A few minutes later I felt someone picking me up. I opened my eyes to see Justin, I snuggled closer and drifted off to sleep.

 Please review!