Studio and the game truth

I woke up with my head on something hard, I looked up and saw Justin’s face, he was asleep. I smiled and untangled our legs. When I tried to get up his arms pulled me back down.

“Where do you think you’re going?” He asked in a teasingly voice.

“Downstairs?” I asked

“Hmmmm no I don’t think so.”

“So what do you suggest we do?” I did not want to stay here all day!

“Talk.” Oookokkkkay?

“Sure? What do you want to talk about?”

“Let’s play truth!” what’s that?

“How do you play that?” I asked him.

“It’s likes truth or dare but without dares.”

I didn’t really know if I wanted to play that, he might ask me really personal questions but I could find out more about him!

“Okay, I will play but I get to go first.” He shrugged. I decided to start with something easy. “What’s your favorite color?”

“Purple” He stated. I gasped.

“Mine too!” He just smiled at me. It was his turn, I got really scared, I didn’t know what I would do if he asked about my dad.

“What’s your favorite animal?” Phew, that was an easy one.

“Flamingo.” They were so cool and pretty! “What’s your biggest fear?”

“Elevators.” I laughed, that was a stupid fear! “Oh, shut up! What’s yours?” He looked so honest and caring I felt like I couldn’t lie to him.

“Going back home.” After a few minutes of silence I looked up at him, he was looking at the wall, with a sad expression on his face.

When he realized I was looking at him he turned towards me and pulled me into his arms. “I won’t let you go back there okay? I will protect you.” I started crying, not because I was scared but because no one had ever been this nice to me. “Why are you crying?” I just ignored his question and asked him one of my own.

“Why are you being so nice to me?”

“Because you deserve it.”

“You don’t even know me!”

“But I know that no one deserves to go through what you’ve been through.”

“Thank you, for everything.”

“No problem.” He gave me a sad smile. “Are you hungry? Want to go get something to eat?”

“Sure!” he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the bed. We walked downstairs hand in hand. When we walked into the kitchen, Pattie was already there reading the newspaper as she ate.

When she looked up at us and saw us holding hands she smiled. “Justin you have a recording session in an hour, I’m sure Rose can go if she wants to.” Recording session? What’s that? I realized too late that Justin was talking to me.

“What did you say?” I asked embarrasses that I spaced out so bad.

“Want to go with me?”

“Sure, where are we going?”

“The studio.” Why does he have a studio?

“Are you an artist?” I asked confused.

He chuckled, “No I’m not, you’ll find out when we get there. Go get changed I will meet you by the door.” I nodded and went upstairs.