The Boy Next Door

My name is Shania. I am nineteen and have long straight blonde hair with bright blue eyes. I have always lived in Hervey Bay, growing up on a farm but that life has never been for me and that is why I live with my best friend in a two bedroom appartment in town. I work for Dolly magazine as a model/photographer and I am also a YouTuber. Pretty crazy schedule, I know.

It was a Monday morning when I was going insane because of the irritating ringing my phone was drowning me in, I'm so not a morning person.

I eventually found my phone hidden under my pillow -how could I now find it under, a pillow?- and turned the alarm off.

I slowly but surely got up out of bed and made my way to my wardrobe, stretching my back.

I decided because it was a hot day today I would wear something light. So I found my high waisted denim shorts, all white tank top along with my all black vans.

After I finished in the shower I applied a little bit of makeup making sure I still had that natural look.

I went back into my room and took my phone off charge as I walked down stairs to the kitchen to hopefully find my room mate and best friend, Taleah.

Taleah and I have been best friends since the ninth grade. She was the best friend anyone could ask for. I have put her through so much but at the end we are always walking away smiling. I classify her as my own sister as I don't have one, well I do but she is 5, I'm the oldest of the bunch. I always find a way to doubt myself, that I'm not a great friend like she is too me but she is always there to tell me otherwise. I am so lucky to have her.

Sure enough when I step foot into the kitchen she is dancing around in her pajamas with her head phones on while she was cooking scrambled eggs for the both of us, well that is what I hoped she was doing.

I just stood there laughing at her while I watched on. She soon turned around and shat herself, staring coldly at me in a jokeful way. I went into hysterics.

As I was still laughing from scaring Taleah unintentionally she plated up some scrambled eggs for me seen as we had to get going for work soon. Thankfully our boss is pretty mellow and allows both Taleah and I to be late sometimes due to how far we live away. It's a half an hour away drive because of course, us being us bought an apartment on the other side.

As I finish up Taleah has ran upstairs and got ready while I placed my plate on the sink and found my keys at the door to go wait in the car. Taleah wasn't too far behind me, she locked the door to the house and jumped in the car. We were off, I just hope there isn't bad traffic, but were living in Hervey Bay so I don't except anything to major.

We got to work finally, to find our boss Katrina waiting for me at my desk. I straight away jumped to the conclusion that she had enough of our lateness and was firing us. 

"Goodmorning Katrina" I polielty greeted her with a smile on my face.

"Nice to see you Shania" she said also showing off her perfect pearls.

"Have I done something wrong?"

"Not at all sweetheart, please follow me into my office and get Taleah as well" she said as I waved Taleah over instructing her to follow us. She lead us to her office and instructed for us to sit on the opposite side of the desk to her.

"Girls, when I tell you this I don't want a answer straight away. I want you to go home and sleep on it, after work of course that is" she said laughing at herself.

"Well, you both are the best models and photographers that I have here and when I got a call from Seventeen magazine this morning I couldn't help but think of you girls" she said as her smile grew bigger as I sat there nodding my head with a look of confusion my face.