Chapter 11: Beliefs

Chapter Eleven 
BELIEFS

"Are you going somewhere?" Pippa Jones asked Amy Carter as she leant against the bathroom door frame.

Amy had been spending the past hour in the bathroom showering, drying and straightening her wavy brown hair, finding a comfortable outfit to wear (a pair of dark blue jeans and a bright yellow top) and finally applying a small amount of make up to her olive skin.

"Um, yeah," Amy answered, now brushing some black mascara onto her delicate eyelashes.

"Where?" Pippa probed rudely.

Amy paused and glared at Pippa's reflection through the mirror. "Matthew asked me to spend Thanksgiving with him."

That's all it took to turn Pippa's frown upside down. "Really? That's so cute!"

"What?!" Amy fired back, turning around to face Pippa.

Pippa giggled. "You and Matt, of course. I think it's really cute."

"There's noting going on between Matthew and me," Amy said sternly.

"Oh, come off it Amy," Pippa continued, "You can't deny that he's sweet and adorable."

"Do you have to assume that there's something more between Matthew and me?" Amy questioned. "You're only saying all this because he's a man."

"But, can't you see it Amy?"

"See what?" Amy inquired.

"Matt's madly in love with you!" Pippa said as though it were obvious.

"As if!" Amy retorted, becoming increasingly worried. What if Pippa was right? No, Amy couldn't think such things. She wouldn't let her think such things. She'd promised herself after TJ. Never again would she give herself up like that...

"Whatever," Pippa said, rolling her eyes. Amy turned back to the mirror and continued her application of make up, thinking.

She'd never seen Matthew as a potential partner, and she didn't want to. It would be the same as Oscar; the same as TJ. And she didn't want to go back there. To feeling completely elated in TJ's arms to the warmth of his kisses. It was so addictive, Amy had become dependent on it...

* * *

"I love you, Amy," TJ had whispered into her ear one Friday evening, his breath tickling her sensitive skin. Tyson Jenkins and Amy Carter, both fifteen years old at the time, were cuddled up to one another in bed on a cold winter's night, watching a movie in TJ's bedroom.

Amy had blushed a deep crimson, but the room was dark, so TJ wouldn't have seen. She smiled, too. "Love you, TJ."

He wound his fingers tightly through Amy's hair (it had been tight and curly at the age of fifteen) and kissed her forehead multiple times. TJ tightened his embrace around her and roamed his hands all over her body, continuing to kiss her nose, cheeks, jaw, neck over and over again.

Amy had giggled. "TJ, I can't concentrate on the movie when you're like this." Not that she was objecting though.

"Mm," TJ had breathed hotly against Amy's cheek, raising his eyebrows though no one would have seen. "Too bad."

He continued to kiss her, making Amy giggle and blush even more. TJ soon became tired of kissing her cheeks and forehead - he needed to taste her lips again. Feel their warmth; their sweet taste. He turned Amy's face away from the television screen and crashed his mouth onto hers, starting softly but coming down harder and harder. His passion was bubbling to his surface and needed to be released.