12

Clint took me running in the circle for a few more days before he walked into my stall with a small saddle.

I tilted my head confused.

"We're gonna go on a ride." Clint told me as he walked over and put the saddle on the floor.

He exited the stall, closing the door but not locking it. He came back a few moments later with a gray saddle blanket. Clint put the saddle blanket on my back before putting the small saddle on top of it. He took his time adjusting the straps to fit me.

Laura appeared outside of my stall, her arms going through the bars of my stall, "How do you think she'll do?" she asked Clint as he stepped out.

Clint shrugged, "No idea, but we're fixin' to find out aren't we?" he asked as he came back with what looked like a halter, but not.

It had a bar where it went over my muzzle. Clint put it on me. The metal bar felt weird on my tongue and I kept poking it.

"You think she'll get used to it?" Laura asked as she noticed me prodding at the bar with my tongue.

Clint moved his head to see what I was doing, "They all do eventually," he assured her as he pat my neck.

Clint grabbed the long strap that was attatched to the not-halter and led me out of the stall and past Laura.

Laura followed us outside, Clint walked back into the circle pen again.

I watched as Clint climbed onto the fence, and then my back.

His weight felt strange though. Laura and Clint stared at me for a couple minutes, "No explosions," Clint commented.

"She seems okay so far," Laura said.

Laura turned around and started heading back to the house, "If she knocks you off, I don't want to be outside when she does it." she called back as she walked to the house.

Clint and I watched as she called the kids inside, they'd been playing tag.

Clint squeezed his knees into my sides and I started a shakey walk.

He pat my neck again when I'd started moving.