4

The kids were thrilled when I told them that we were getting another horse, we only had one. He was my horse, he was a decent age, about seven.

They were still excited even though I told them they wouldn't be able to ride it.

Lila and Cooper were outside helping me set up the stall for the new horse when Phil walked in the barn, he was in his casual clothes instead of his usual suit.

"Uncle Phil!" the two exclaimed and ran over to him.

Phil patted the two's heads and hugged them both, "I have the horse you wanted in the trailer Clint," the two kids ran out of the barn to go find the trailer Phil must've pulled.

"How is she?"  I asked Phil as finished screwing the hay cage in the wall.

Phil walked in and held the cage in place, "Currently sedated. She still can't walk, the vet replaced the stitches on her abdomen. She won't be able to walk for a few months at least. HYDRA kept her weight down so she wouldn't crush herself under her weight. Vet suggests a low calorie diet until she can stand at least,".

Phil looked around the stall, "Is there anything softer you can put in here to lay on?"

I nodded my head and gestured to a couple large bags of pine shavings. "I'm prepared Phil, I knew how she was coming. She have any medications she needs to take?"

Phil nodded, "A few healing accelerants and painkillers," he informed me as we started heading out the barn.

There was a small horse trailer attatched to a nice looking truck, Phil probably borrowed it from one of SHIELD's undercover cars.

Lila and Cooper were trying to take peeks inside the trailer.

As Phil and I got to the trailer, I asked, "So, how're we gonna do this Phil?"

Phil turned towards the barn, looking at the doors. "I could back up to the doors and you could use the tractor?"

I shrugged, "Sounds like it'll work, time to go inside kiddos. You can see the horse later," I told them before ushering them inside.

Laura stepped outside, waving to Phil and I as the two ran into the house to watch from the window.

Phil got in the truck and I started directing him in the barn doors.