6

It took almost twenty minutes for the two to transfer me from the trailer to a comfortable stall with soft shavings on the floor of it.

Clint, I learned was the name of my rescuer, fixed me a bucket of water and moved it close to me. I drank a decent bit of it.

The man who'd driven me here, who I learned was Phil, approached me a needle. He'd stuck me with one a few hours earlier, before we'd left the vets office.

I flattened my ears again and raised my head high, my lower jaw in the air. I huffed out a deep breath of air, flaring my nostrils.

"Don't be like this again," Phil groaned slightly.

Clint approached me slowly, taking the needle from Phil.

I turned to focus my attention on Clint, I didn't like the needle. Clint put a hand on my throat latch and pushed my head away.

Phil grabbed a chunk of my skin and Clint stuck the needle in.

I felt the liquid go in. I threw my head back and forth,

Clint took the needle out and the two men backed away.

I made a distressed noise, "She doesn't like needles..." Phil said.

Clint nodded his head. "I can see that, I wouldn't like needles either after what she's been through,".

I continued to throw my head around before slowly stopping.

"You're going to have to do that every five hours by the way," Clint groaned.

"For not being able to stand, she has a lot of fight, I think she'll get through this," Clint said a few moments later.

I watched the two warily.

"She is a pretty horse, what breed is she?" Phil asked, turning his head to face Clint.

"Thoroughbred." Was all Clint said.

"When are you planning on letting Lila and Cooper near her? I doubt Laura will let them anywhere near her at the moment..."

Clint had a thoughtful look on his face, "I'll try to train the horse to be a little better with people before I let the kids anywhere near her." Clint told him, still looking at me.

I started playing with the shavings I was laying on while the two men left.