❥ epilogue.

about 3 years later

studying songwriting was a really good experience for me. my roommate well..we don't really get along well.

but it's not really a bad thing, it's not like we're in a rivalry or anything. we just don't really talk much.

exams are coming up and i'm trying to study but she's always the one who throws parties at our room, and her friends would always come and be with her. i just wanted to video chat with chaerin or watch a movie.

luckily, one of my friends i recently met would let me crash at her place for the night. if my roommate plans a party.

throughout living in america, i haven't been talking to jaebum or yugyeom ever since i moved.

jaebum and i talked for the first few weeks i arrived here and then he hasn't called or texted me back.

yugyeom didn't call or text me at all. i even asked chaerin and she said they haven't responded her for a very long time either.

right now for once, my roommate did not plan a party this weekend. she called out being sick so she's just laying down on her bed, binge watching some tv show she's into.

i was about to fall asleep until i heard my phone ding. i slowly reached for my phone, my eyes forcing to close to sleep. but as soon as i read the notification; i never knew i would be fully awake in 0.05 seconds.

-----
| 재범- jaebum |

(1) 재범: hey [name]!! ♡ -20:04

-----

i sat up straight, and i quickly unlocked my phone. my roommate looked at me weird and brushed it off at first but then when she saw me texting me incredibly fast, she questioned, "um..[name] what's up with you?"

"it's..my boyfriend, i haven't texted him in 3 years."

"from korea, right?"

"yeah."

-----
| 재범 - jaebum |

you:
jaebum!! why haven't you texted me?! i was so worried..

재범:
i'm so sorry..i can explain!!

재범:
believe me or not but

재범:
ever since you left, i've been training to become a k-idol for a while..so now i'm in a band called jj project with a friend of mine named park jinyoung who goes by "jr." because i really love to sing..

재범:
and now we're going to be in a 7-member group..

you:
..really?!? is this for real?

you:
i can't believe it, beom!! i didn't know you can sing too! i'm so proud of you!! ㅠㅠ

재범:
yeah!! we're going to be in a group called got7. and i hope we can really debut soon. we still have a long way to go..

you:
amazing!! but..i'm still waiting for my friend to answer me..i miss him.

재범:
oh, you mean yugyeom? ah, don't worry about him. you know why?

you:
...why?

재범:

재범: he's debuting with us

재범:
he's debuting with us.

you:
whAT

you:
hE'S YUGYEOM ?

you:
HE'S GROWN

재범:
he's almost 6"

you:
i'm crying..i miss you both. and you can sing too..!!

재범:
[ 🔈 voice audio ]

-----

i started to sob harder as i hear jaebum singing on the recording on my phone. my roommate realizes this and she is in shock of what she's witnessing.

"..hey what's wrong? who's singing?"

"..my boyfriend." i started to smile, and i then tell her; "he and another friend of mine are going to become famous! i never..felt so proud of them.." i say between sniffles.

"ooh.." is all she said, and she started to sit beside me on my bed. she tried to read my messages but everything is in korean.

i translated our messages to her and she comforted me to calm down.

-----
| 재범 - jaebum |

you:
that was beautiful..
read 20:31

-----

"what did you tell him?" my roommate told me.

"that his singing is beautiful.."

"yeah. it is indeed.." she said; and as soon as she said it, i received another notification, and that was the time that i wanted to cry even more and i never smiled so much in my entire life.

i knew that i'm going to tell chaerin about it later. she'll be very surprised...

-----
| 재범 - jaebum |

재범:
listen, [name]. we have a loooong way before we debut. i was wondering..that after you graduate, you would like to be the songwriter of got7? it would mean the world to me if you did."

-----

.