xix

as chaerin tried to get to the high school, the front of the school was extremely packed. taxis were parked for the students to get to school on time for exams.

a whole lot of cars were there too, and it's not unusual to hear parents yelling their child, "good luck!!" or "do your best, i love you!!".

the front of the school looks difficult to go through. we probably can't even go inside the building ourselves.

we still cannot get through and park our cars due to the traffic, and we were getting slightly impatient. we should've left earlier.

we decided to play some music as we waited for the cars to move and of course time passed quickly as we enjoyed our time before our exams.

about 10 minutes later we finally arrived to the school and we started to park.

we got out of the car and we tried to get in the school as fast as possible as a lot of people were crowded outside.

of course the inside of the school isn't as crowded as it was out and chaerin and i passed through everyone to get to our classrooms.

as soon as we reached to our classroom, chaerin told me that she had to use the bathroom quickly before the exams start so i tell her that it's fine and she left.

i forgot that i didn't bring my things, so i just immediately sat down on my desk as i was on my way, jaebum was on his desk sleeping and as i sat beside him he immediately raised his head up, and looked at me.

his sudden action made me jump, and i smiled at him as i raised an eyebrow.

"are you okay?" i asked him.

"yeah i'm fine..i just want to tell you good luck on the exams. i'm probably not going to pass because i've been suspended a couple of times. i don't understand anything."

"ah, thank you! well, i'm pretty sure that you're gonna do great! i'm assuming that you've been fighting?"

"yeah..i'm surprised they didn't kick me out yet."

"may i ask why you've been acting like that lately?" i say as he turned away. i'm unable to see his face.

"some people have been triggering me because of personal reasons. i'm not sure if i want to tell you exactly yet."

"ah, that's fine. have you talked to that girl you told us about last week?" i say, and he immediately gasped and lowered his head without looking at me.

i'm not sure why i asked that, but for some reason, i felt like my heart's going to sink and it kind of hurts.

i don't really like this feeling at all.

"i-um..yeah..yeah i have.." he tells me and i began to smile.

"oh okay..that's good to hear..!"