xxvi

chaerin was looking for me, and she came towards yugyeom and i for big hugs.

her parents were behind her, and they were smiling at us with their softened expressions.

"[name]." her father called me. "thank you for taking care of our daughter during school, you mean a whole lot to her."

"no problem, i would say the same thing to her. she helped me through everything for this year when i moved here."

"of course! please if you ever visit, you can come over anytime!" he says.

"i will let chaerin know."

"okaaay mom, dad. i'll be back. i have some business to complete." chaerin tells them and my mom and yugyeom as she grabs my wrist and drags me to more crowd of people.

she keeps looking everywhere, possibly about 30 seconds.

and as she widen her eyes, she dragged me once again, and tries to run up to someone as fast as she could due to a whole crowd of people all around the front of the school.

"hey, jaebum!!"

what—

"chaerin?" he answered back, but as soon as he saw me, that's when he started to flinch. "[name]?"

"okay jaebum. this is your last chance before she goes to america." chaerin tells him as she smiles.

"wait, she's moving?!"

"yes, now ask." chaerin says as she pulls me towards him. i'm really confused to what's going on, and i see jaebum trying to ask something; but he can't spill it.

"so..you're really moving?!"

"jaebum!!"

"okay, chaerin!!" he yells at her, and turns to me once again. he has this huge smile on his face, and his ears begin to turn red.

wow, that was actually really cute.

"[name], i just wanted to say, thank you for being really amiable to me this year. i had been going through a lot, and you made me happy?? i—"

"just get to the point, jaebum." chaerin complained to him

"how if she's moving?!"

"just!! ask!!"

okay, but i'm already a mess, i feel heat rising to my cheeks and my back. jaebum sighed and looked at me into my eyes.

"i wanted to ask you this to get it over with before we separate, but..i have liked you for a while. i know, it hasn't been long. but i would like to take this slow by me giving you my phone number and start from there."