viii

as i wiped the tears in my eyes, i immediately got up and went straight to the bathroom to take a hot, morning shower. i wanted to calm myself from the nightmare i had last night.

of course i didn't stay there for that long. i just needed some time to wash my hair and body since i didn't spend a lot of time hanging around at home when i got back from school.

i just ate dinner and had a small conversation with my mom.

after my shower routine and whatever i needed to do after i get out, i wrapped a towel on my head and i started to change into my undergarments and something comfortable yet presentable to wear for the day.

i hear the tv playing in the living room, which meant that my mom is most likely awake.

i headed over there, and i see my mom standing there behind the couch, looking like she's ready to head out as she's watching tv.

"oh [name]! i was thinking of getting something for breakfast, you want anything? there's this little café a block away since we live near the city."

"oh i'll come with you, can we walk over there?"

"of course! our morning walk!"

"okay, hold on!" i say as i retreated back to my room and took off the towel off my head; and started to fix myself to go out.

[...]

as we both got to the café, my mom's phone started to ring, and she told me to order a cup of coffee and the american breakfasts they serve as she answered her call and of course told me to order whatever i wanted. she told me she's going to make some white rice at home.

she handed me ₩30,000 and i started to head inside. i actually never entered here since i just moved in the city, but as my mom was buying ingredients for the dakgangjeong, she must've found this place during her way over there.

when i ordered everything my mom and i wanted, i paid for the order and i started to wait beside the small line that was formed for the people to order in the building.

i heard a laugh not too far away, and i turned around to see a familiar guy and his two friends.

but..

as i turned to see them, one of them hid his face behind that same guy that was laughing earlier. he turned around and yelled out. "oi, jaebum what's wrong with you?"

jaebum? you mean, im jaebum?

although i can't see his face, i can see his hair. the same style as it was yesterday during class.

..he really does look stunning. he's pretty stylish outside of school.

"jaebum get off me, what's wrong?" the same guy he hid behind gently pushed him off and i immediately turned away.

"um..[last name]?" i hear an employer say my surname, and i headed over there to grab the bag of the food i ordered.

i looked at jaebum and his friends for a quick few seconds, and i headed back outside to find my mom.