i

"my name is seol chaerin, nice to meet you! i'll show you your classroom today." she told me

since she's one of the smartest students in our senior year, she had the opportunity to show a new student their classroom.

in our school in south korea, we study for about 12 hours. no joke, but at least we have some recess throughout the day.

i slightly bow down to greet her, and she does the same. she seems really pretty.

"are you ready?" she tells me, and of course i agreed so i start to follow her at this early hour.

we only have about 30 minutes until school really starts; we've been scheduled to be in the school a lot earlier than the rest of the students so chaerin can have the time showing me around.

"may i ask a quick question, chaerin?" i question her while i'm feeling a tad nervous, but i'm quickly getting a little comfortable walking beside her.

"sure, what is it?"

"is the school hard here? since of course we have to spend 12 hours in school?"

"ah, don't worry! the teachers are respectful here, but there are a very few students that are pretty much the opposite."

"yikes."

"yeah; it's not pretty..okay so since we have about 9 subjects to learn, you only stay in one classroom. the teachers rotate."

for some reason we walk into the entrance, but i already know how to go through there. but that was until chaerin started to walk further into the hallway leading me to a door.

and of course, a classroom.

"here is our classroom. easy right? since teachers are the ones transitioning, when school ends for the day, you can just walk over there--" she points at the hallway to where we just walked to and started to point her finger to her right. "and then you turn right; and you're out!"

"i really like that!"

"and since we have the same classroom, i'm guessing we have the same interest?" she tells me as she crosses her arms, and smiling at me.

i began to smile back, and i felt really excited.

"yeah--i really like to produce lyrics for music. it's been a passion for me ever since my last year of middle school."

"you think you want to make a collaboration one day? of course you need to focus on our main classes too."

"of course!!" i say, but then i'm starting to hear some noise outside the school, meaning that more students are starting to enter the school.

chaerin then grabs my hand, and we start to head outside. although the sun is starting to rise, she took me to a bench near the entrance so we can rest.

"i really don't like being surrounded by people. i get anxious." i hear chaerin say.

"i'm glad i'm not the only one." i tell her and we both started to laugh.