v

it's 8pm and school is finally over for the day.

there were a few moments that i was getting hungry although we ate some lunch and getting sleepy through class. but i always manage to go throughout the day.

i just want to go home and eat dinner that my mom would make me late at night every day, do my homework, and study.

and then about 4 hours of sleep.

but today is friday and we don't have saturday classes tomorrow this week, so i can finally sleep peacefully until late morning.

chaerin told me she'll wait for me if i ever wanted to see her; and of course i obliged.

i think i already made a friend in this school, chaerin's really nice.

i pack up my stuff and got up from my desk. i touch my head by the back of my hand, and it feels kind of hot for not eating enough.

as i walk to the hallways to get out of the school building, i feel like someone is watching me and i'm starting to feel uncomfortable.

i start to run outside and i managed to find chaerin, waving goodbye to her friends as she was standing there, waiting for me.

"ah, [name]! i know we've just met today, but i was wondering if i can take you back home? i really don't feel like going home right away.."

"oh, why's that?" i tell her, and her face softens. she tried to cover her self feeling happy than she is sad.

"i..really don't want to talk about it. may i take you home?"

"that's fine, let me call my mom real quick."

-----

"..."

"..."

"hello?"

"mom?"

"[name]!" is school over for you already? i'll pick you up."

"yeah, it's over; and you really don't have to. a classmate wanted to know if she can give me a ride home."

"i'm not sure, [name]..this is your first day of school, are you sure you don't want me to pick you up? i'm a little worried."

"it should be fine. she said she didn't want to go home right away, so that's why i wanted to call you for permission."

"oh then i guess, that's fine. i actually looked up online how to make some korean dish called..dakgangjeong i believe! so if you're really hungry, help yourself since i'm really tired from work."

"..is that your first korean dish you ever cooked?"

"i'm not korean [name], i don't know how to make food like these."

"touché."

"well, please make your way home safely; and i'll see you soon."

"okay mom. see ya."

"bye."

-----