(11) A Shapeshifter In The Mist

I love Rush so much
((shout out to my fav Narrissic for looking over and editing this chapter))
_____

Lindsey loved her girlfriend, her little witch. The pair were made for each other, melding together as if they were one person. Of course, Lindsey was a shapeshifter and has the protection her little witch casted on her, but will it keep her safe in the end?

_____

"Did you hear about Mrs. Kien?" Pete whispered to Mikey during chemistry. Mikey looked over and held his index finger to his lips, making the silent face before turning back to his notes. Obviously, Pete didn't know that it meant be quiet, so he continued his story.

"They found her on the children's playground in the community park. Murdered like all the others.... isn't that terrible? In a children's park as well.... that's just awful," Pete whispered, leaning towards Mikey to see what he was writing, finding little doodles of atomic explosion mushroom clouds and flowers.

An odd combination, isn't it?

"Pete," Mikey whined quietly. "I don't wanna talk about dead people right now." Mikey pouted. The way Pete smiled in amusement before patting his arm made Mikey's heart leap in his chest, the first time anything like that happening as he looking into the brunette's brown eyes.

"Alright, MilkyWay, but, you need to at least pay attention," Pete pointed out, making Mikey blush pink and look at his paper.

Meanwhile at the scene where poor Mrs. Kien met her unfortunate end, there was an officer who was decked out with the standard badges and items in the utility belt, and the only thing putting the officer apart from the others was a pentagram charm that was hidden under the collar of the uniform, along with a similar tattoo pasted across his hip.

In all honesty though, this wasn't a police officer.

It's our dear Lindsey Ballato shifted to the body of Officer Hurley.

She went to tuck the orange hair behind her ear out of habit to remember that right now her hair was short and slicked back with gel. The radio on her chest was crackling with voices from the police station while she looked upon the body on the children's playground.

Her history teacher was nearly split in half it seemed. Blood was everywhere, decorating the swing set and nearby slide like some sick sort of graffiti. Her heart was tossed carelessly about three feet from the body with a large bite mark adorning the organ. Her insides were on the out and the only feature that helped to identify the corpse was the fact her face was still half intact. The rest of her aged skin seemed to be almost torn from her body, white hair almost completely ripped from his scalp. The darkness left her skinned and the jugular vein being visible completely, the cut into the vein clean and articulate as if the evil being had surgical knowledge.

Other organs were within feet of her as if the darkness had ripped into her, digging and throwing aside the useless ones. Lindsey came to the conclusion that the heart was too old and bitter for the darkness to finish as it was not young and fresh as the other victims that were murdered. 

Lindsey turned away, covering her mouth with the back of her hand as the scent of death wafted and weaved itself in the air. The smell was foul, the scene gruesome, and the paramedics beginning to zip her up and trying to put her teacher back together as if she were a puzzle was imprinted in her mind. The emotions she felt welled inside her like a poisonous plant that wanted to choke her, the vines tangling and twisting around the inside of her body. Tears attempted to well in her eyes yet she held them back before being able to move her legs away from the body that was spayed behind her like a carelessly tossed rag doll. All she wanted to do was go home and have Jamia come over to keep her company.