(3) Cemetery Drive

Mikey wished he could just been a normal teenager who didn't have a vampire brother harbored in the basement of his parents house.

Frank wished he could forget about this town and leave but he was born here.

It was forbidden after you knew why the town isn't marked on maps.

Mikey and Frank are... alike in a way. Some fucked up way to that they both wanted normal lives. Ones that aren't stuck, locked into this shitty town with a dirty secret that proves everything logical incorrect.

-

Frank sat in the back of Chemistry class on a rather chilly October day. The sky was grey, threatening to let rain pound and soak the ground. He stared out the window though... imagining what it must be like to be a rain drop. Imagined what it's like traveling through the air but as condensation happens, you move to another city, leaving the one you fell into within the next few days. But, there's also the drops that gets in the ground, being soaked into the dirt and having to stay there until drying out, not being able to move. Run off in the sewers that lay stagnant, not escaping this dingy town just like every person who lives here.

"Iero, you listening to me?" Mr.Wedly asked. Frank only heard mumbles through his thoughts, seeming entranced by how different but similar they all were to rain drops. Mikey kicked Frank's leg hard under their shares table, jerking him back to reality, getting a head rush. He felt dizzy before dumbly asking an almost nonexistent "what?"

Some people sniggered and someone behind him whispered "cat got your tongue, fag?" before the teacher sighed.

"Name at least one transition element." He requested. Frank bit the inside of his lip, searching - more like scratching his mind for an answer.

"Uh... copper? Gold, right?" Frank asked, sucking his lip ring into his mouth.

"Both work I guess, Mr.Iero. Pay attention next time." He sighed before turning back to the chalk board.

I know, right?

Only a few classrooms still had chalk boards in the school, most of them replaced by white boards. The scratchy and abrupt sound fills the room, blanketing the class with the awful noise that was deafening due to the silence.

Frank wasn't really bother by the fact the boy behind him though called him a fag. There were homophobic people in this town like everywhere else, most of the people accepting.

They believe you should love whoever because you never know what's going to happen someone if they stay out after the siren.

Then there's that guy behind Frank.

Mikey shot Frank a concerned look as the lather stared ahead blankly, cheek pressed against his left palm from where his arm was on the table. Frank couldn't find his way out of his head today... well, all week. His mind has been foggy and his days started blending together. It seemed as if he was alive but just floating through the air, not aware of anything around him.

Mikey was honestly concerned. He's never seen his best friend like this in the months he knew him since last school year. They had easily bonded and gotten along, making both able to pick up on the others mood from simple gestures or actions.

Mikey knew something was wrong be he didn't know what.

Maybe Gerard was messing with his mind?

Neither boy knew.

Frank watched the fluorescent lights flicker as the storm picked up outside, a crack of lightening making him jump. Mikey had bitten the inside of his cheek before gently rubbing Frank's back.