(6) Show Them What You're Made Of

"Frank you have to go to school today. I miss you... I have no other friends." Mikey whined, poking at his best friend who was snuggled under the covers in the guest room.

"Mikey I don't wanna-"

"If you don't want stay after lunch we can come back but I have to work after school today so you'll be home by yourself until mom gets home." Mikey tried, flopping down next to the smaller male with a huff. Frank had just gotten over his fever but had been feeling rather depressed from what happened, avoiding going up school and while alone he would slip down to the basement to talk to Gerard or shower... usually both.

Frank whined again before signing, kicking his sheets away from his body.

"I'll meet you in the car in five." He said grumpily before Mikey gave him a smile and left the room. Frank just pulled on jeans and a sweater before shoving his feet in his black converse. He grabbed his bag before making his way downstairs before the basement. Gerard was lounging on his bed with his eyes closed when Frank dropped his bag at the bottom of the steps, crawling on the side that he claimed as his.

"You should be getting in the car with Mikey." Gerard said quietly.

"I don't wanna go though. They make fun of me already as it is with a fucked up mom and a dead dad," Frank whispered before adding on, "or was fucked up mom. If that makes sense... I don't want to think she's dead and that's all they're going to now use as leverage."

"Sugar," Gerard said before turning onto his side to face Frank and lay a cold, pale hand on the others cheek. "You can come back after lunch but until then, I want you to show them what you're made of. Fucking destroy them if you have to.... but I know you won't. You're too nice for that. You'll be right back here after twelve, don't worry. I'm not going anywhere." He whispered before kissing the top of Frank's head. "Now get going, my brother is beginning to get impatient." He mused.

Frank nodded before hauling himself up and off the bed, grabbing his back pack when he reached the stairs. He looked at Gerard who smiled before Frank went up the stairs, closing the door before shuffling out of the house all together to meet Mikey in the car. As the engine started, Frank felt a little tickle in his brain before Gerard's voice echoed in his mind before he left.

You can do this my little ghost boy... show them what you're fucking made of.

-

Frank stared at the school building ahead of him, chewing his bottom lip with a blossoming anxiety of the thought of what they could come up with now that she was dead as well.

They teased him all the time for her being insane anyways, what would make them stop from her now being dead along with his father?

Kids were cruel here and it all depended on who your parents were.

What generation or how somebody remembered you. If something tragic happens to you here, might as well prepare for the insults.

Frank's fingers twitched at his side and Mikey stood next to him with a concerned gaze, second guessing his choice of dragging Frank to school. The dark grey clouds hung heavy in the air, giving the nearly sunless town a shadow that almost ran against the dark shades of the night. The pavement was wet and little patters of rain fell at their feet, Frank finding the glistening rocks under foot much more interesting than going into the school.

It wasn't until Mikey had pulled him to the door of the front did Frank register anything, and even then he walked silently behind Mikey. The halls were full of teenagers who's conversations fell from their worthless gossip to whispering about the smaller boy's mother's death and making stories on how or why she died.