Rebound, But Newfound {23}

I groaned and slowly sat up, rubbing my pounding head and trying to remember just what the hell had happened last night. Let’s see…Me and Tommy…

                It all came rushing back to me and my eyes widened. Tommy! Damn! Everything with Tommy! I smiled to myself at the memory as I slowly crawled out of bed.

                I made my way downstairs and my dad glanced at me. He smiled and slid me a bowl and some cereal.

                “Morning Zeke!” he said cheerfully, meaning he had no idea I had gotten wasted with my boyfriend last night. I had a feeling Trace had made sure he didn’t find out.

                Yes, Trace could be a complete asshole. Yes, he was stuck up. Yes, he was stubborn and overly jealous. But times like last night were the reasons that boy was my best friend. He was always there for me.

                “Good morning dad,” I mumbled as I poured the cereal. I’d have to take something for this furious headache before I left the house. Ugh.

                I ate quickly before going into the bathroom and locking the door. I dug through the cabinets until I found some pills for my headache. I took them and chased them with water from the sink before going up to my room and getting dressed.

                I went downstairs and out to my car. Realizing it wasn’t parked in its usual spot, I instantly knew that Trace had driven me, and probably Tommy, home last night after we had gotten flat out wasted. I think we passed out on that futon at some point in the night.

                I got in my car and drove myself to the soccer field. I got out and went around to the back of the school where, not surprisingly, Trace and Phil were playing soccer together.

                Trace smirked at me as I made my way over to him. “Hung over?” he asked smugly.

                “Shut up,” I grumbled and shoved him away from me. “Where’s Kory? I haven’t seen him with you in a while.”

                “HI ZEKE!”

                I winced and slapped my hands over my ears, groaning miserably. Trace. Trace had done this to me. I hoped he burned in hell.

                “Kory, easy on him. He got white girl wasted last night,” Trace said and snickered. Phil chuckled and pat me on the back. I simply groaned again.

                I looked at Kory as he gave me an apologetic smile. And for once, my stomach didn’t drop. My heart didn’t start racing. My palms didn’t get sweaty. My breath didn’t catch in my throat.

                I was really over him.

                “Sorry Zeke. I’ll keep it down,” he said and frowned.

                “Oh! Zeke, you never told me what you’re real name is,” Phil said eagerly. I face palmed myself and flipped Phil off.

                “Zeke’s not your real name? MY LIFE IS A LIE!” Kory cried, apparently having forgotten that about 5 seconds ago he told me he’d keep it down. Oh that boy couldn’t be quiet to save his damn life.

                “No, it’s not his real name. Keep it the fuck down. Some of us have massive hangovers going on, you know.”

                I smiled to myself at the grumpy voice and turned as Tommy strode up next to me. I stepped behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist, brushing my lips up against his neck.