Rebound, But Newfound {17}

“Tommy.”

                I groaned and swatted at whoever was shaking me.

                “Tommy!”

                They shook me harder and I turned and buried my face in my pillow, grunting at them. I heard a sigh and then my covers were being yanked off me. I gripped my sheets as two people ripped me away from my bed, dragging my sheets with me.

                “Wake up!” my brothers yelled at the same time, shaking me and dropping me to the floor.

                “Ow! Way to break my fucking ankle,” I growled, propping myself up on my elbows and looking down at my ankle. It had been fine yesterday during the date and now it was starting to smart.

                “You didn’t even hit your ankle you dork. Now get up. Mom and dad have an announcement,” Mikey said, offering me his hand.

                I took his hand and he pulled me to my feet and threw my clothes at me. I changed quickly and ran a hand through my hair.

                “Is mom pregnant?” I asked as we started down the stairs.

                “Ew, she better not be. Then again Tommy, your room is closest to mom and dad’s,” Sammy said and grinned at me. I made a disgusted face and shook my head at that thought. Gross. Old people sex.

                “I’ll push her down the stairs if she is. The last thing I want is another little sibling,” Mikey grumbled, shaking his head.

                “Yes Mikey, because the oldest sibling is such a genius that he’s in the same year as his little brother,” I said sarcastically.

                Mikey blushed. “Hey! I had to have surgery when I was in the second grade! That’s the only reason I got held back!” he whined defensively.

                Sammy and I snickered and Mikey mumbled death threats to us. We went into the living room and sat down on the couch together, Sammy and Mikey starting to argue with each other. Those two were always fighting, and they tried to drag me into it.

                “”Boys! Stop fighting!” mom said, coming into the room and rolling her eyes.

                Sammy and Mikey reluctantly stopped fighting as mom and dad sat across from us. Mom sighed and shook her head at us.

                “Anyways, this family meeting is actually just for Sammy and Mikey about senior year. I just wanted them to get you out of bed, Tommy. You were sleeping in too long,” she said with a small smile.

                “Aw mom no fair!” I whined.

                “Sure it is Tomcat. Now you can go hang out with Zeke,” dad said with a shrug.

                “Yea Tommy, you can go hang out with Zeke,” Mikey said smugly, waggling his eyebrows at me. Sammy rolled his eyes, shaking his head in disgust. He hated the fact that I was gay. But I was still his little brother, and I knew he loved me.

                “Don’t forget the condoms,” Mikey called as I stood up.

                “Michael Frances! Thomas James!” mom snapped angrily. Mikey and I snickered as I gave a short wave and hurried outside.