Rebound, But Newfound [boyxboy]

“AH! Trace!”

                I ducked and the soccer ball my best friend had just chucked narrowly missed hitting me and shattering my skull. I stood up straight and glared at Trace as he shrugged and repositioned himself in front of the soccer goal.

                I sighed and jogged over to retrieve the ball. I took a few more shots on Trace before we decided to call it a day and head back to his house for a little.

                We put the soccer ball back in the supply shed and left the soccer field, which was located behind an elementary school. We began to walk down the road towards Trace’s house.

                “Where was Kory?” I asked curiously, trying not to blush.

                Kory was my ex boyfriend and Trace’s current boyfriend. He was also Trace’s stepbrother, but their parents accepted them.

                I was still in love with Kory, even though we had broken up so he could date Trace. I was trying to get over him though.

                “He was at the mall with his mom. Where was Tommy?” Trace countered, giving me a warning look. He knew I still had feelings for Kory and he hated it.

                Tommy was my boyfriend. He had recently come out as gay, and asked me out almost immediately after. Tommy knew my feelings for Kory, but he still wanted to be with me, and honestly, I wanted to be with him too. I really did like Tommy a hell of a lot.

                “He’s working. He should be off by now though, but he hasn’t texted me yet,” I said with a shrug.

                We reached Trace’s house and he let us inside. We got some water out of his kitchen and sat down in his living room.

                “Hey boys. How was your practicing?” Trace’s dad, Brandon, asked with a smile as he entered the room.

                “Well, I scored on Trace. So I guess that means I’m a freaking pro,” I said and Brandon chuckled. Trace rolled his eyes and sipped his water. He was an incredible goalie, and he knew me too well for me to really score on him anymore.

                “Well, Trace we need to get you knew shin guards. Do you want to come with us Zeke?” Brandon asked me. I shook my head and stood up.

                “No thanks Mr. Saunders. I’m going to head home before my parents wonder if I got eaten by a polar bear or something,” I said.

                “What the hell? Zeke, stop hanging out with Kory. You’re getting weirder than usual,” Trace said with an annoyed sigh. “I can barely put up with Kory. For the love of all that is good and normal in this world, do not start acting like that moron.”

                I laughed and shrugged innocently. “Sorry Trace. I can’t help it,” I said with a wink before waving and leaving his house.

                I walked back to my house and let myself in. “Hey dad,” I greeted, going into the kitchen. My dad smiled at me and waved.

                “Hi Zeke. You’re home late,” he said.

                I nodded. “Yea, sorry about that. We stayed longer than we thought and I ended up heading over to Trace’s house for a little,” I explained. Dad nodded, not really concerned. He trusted me to be out on my own for a long time. I was 17 for hell’s sake!