Chapter 10 (Saving him)

(Your pov)

       I breathed heavily as a ran through the Underworld, trying to find Snik's hideout. I came upon a house which had broken bones and food scattered on the ground. It looked pretty promising so I picked up a bone and threw it at the door of the house. I quickly ran to the back of the house, searching for a window to climb through.

  (Maurice's pov)

       A heard a loud bang at the door and swallowed loudly. Snik whipped his head towards the sound and stepped towards it, opening the door. Dumbass. He stepped outside and I could hear him walk up the sides of the house.
       The window next to me opened up, looking up I saw (y/n). "You're insane," I said in a hushed voice. "You think I was going to just leave you here?" she said back and walked over to me quickly. She pulled out a pocket knife and started to cut away at the rope.

    "Hey!" I turned my head to the window to see Snik. He growled as he ran around the house. "Shit! Shit!" I yelled as (y/n) cut at the ropes quicker. I struggled until she cut the last rope. Snik was in the doorway as I jumped up. We ran to the window, I jumped out first. (Such a gentleman) (Y/n) climbed out after me, but Snik caught her foot.

   (Y/n pov)

        Maurice quickly grabbed my arms, pulling me hard towards him. My sneaker fell off and I was pulled out of the window. Maurice and I took no time and we ran as fast as we could to his house. I don't know what happened to Snik, yet I don't really care. Once we arrived at the house Maurice slammed the door shut and locked it. He turned around and stared at me, both of us breathing heavily. We embraced each other, putting my head on his chest. "I'm glad you're okay," he sighed. I stepped back a bit and looked at his face. I sighed softly and put my hand on his cheek. His eye was swollen and there was a gash on his cheek. "He hit you hard, didn't he?" I said softly.

   "Yea, but I'm probably still hot," he said and smirked. I rolled my eyes, but chuckled softly. I grabbed his hand and led him to the bathroom.