Chapter 23 Part 2

Minx's POV

(Two months later)

Splashing the cold water on my face, I looked up at the shining sun. My crossbow sat next to me as I knelt down next to the small lake. Standing up, I gathered my bag and bow before I started making my way back into the woods and towards the train rails.

Whisling, Lurker started walking along side me as he sniffed the floor. My feet dragged along the floor as I watched the black great dane find interest in the ground.

My hand found it's way to my chest as I grasped the small locket in my hand.

"I'm always gonna be here for you." I said with a small smile. I watched Daryl carefully as he pulled the necklace from under his pillow and held it in front of himself.

Groaning, I shook my head in hopes of making the memory go away. I'm never going to see my brother again.

Im never going to see Carl again.....

Flashback

Eruptions filled my ears as I ran in the direction of the explosions. I had lost the direction of the prison long ago, but i was so desperatly hoping that it wasn't in the direction I was going.

As I came to the clearing, tears filled my eyes as I placed my hands over my mouth. The prison was burning, there was what was left of a burning tank, walkers were stumbling everywhere and people lie dead on the floor.

Tears started spilling down my face as I took a few steps back before running away from the prison, the place I was starting to call home.

End Flashback

"I HATE YOU!" I screamed before I started sprinting. I don't care if I attract walkers. The worse they can do is rip me apart, at least I wouldn't have to become one of them.

I'm immune.

So, short chapter, I know. Sorry.
:(

Tell me what ya think :)