Chapter 17

I quickly pulled back and stared at him, I can't believe he just did that. Part of me wanted to kiss him back, but the other part is telling me that a relationship isn't the best thing to have in the middle of an apocalypse.

I stood up, wincing at the pain the shot through my body and ran the best I could to a hiding spot where the wouldn't find me. Carl called after me and tried to follow but I was a fast runner, even when I'm injured.

I found a spot behind some concrete wall and slid down in. I sat on the floor, my breathing fast. But then my breathing got harder so I pulled out my puffer and breathed it in. My breathing calmed down and I stood back up and set out to find Glenn.

I walked into the rating area and saw him sitting by himself as he finished eating his noodles. I quickly went over to him and tapped him on his shoulder making him turn and look at me.

"When can we go on a run to the pharmacy?" I asked, quietly.

"Now" he said standing up. I nodded and followed him into the cell block. Where we soon found Rick feeding the baby.

"Rick" Glenn Said getting his attention. "We're going on a run into town, there anything you need" he asked.

"Why are you going on a run?" Rick asked, he gave the baby to Beth and walked back over to us.

"Just to get some stuff" Glenn said scratching the back of his neck.

"Stuff?" Rick asked.

"Yeah, you know.....stuff" Glenn said. The look Rick was giving him was freaking me out.

"Girl stuff Rick, tryin' to keep things discreet around here" I said in a hushed voice.

The look that washed over ricks face meant he knew what he was talking about. Then he looked embarrassed. "Ok, just be careful" he said and then walked back to where Beth and Judith were.

*****

As we walked towards the green car I saw Daryl standing near. Maggie had insisted on coming, so it's going to be hard trying to grab some puffers, but if Daryl sees use acing he'll insist in coming.

When we got closer to the car, Daryl was walking over to us. I sighed and opened the back door to the car and threw my backpack in there, I had emptied it out.

"Where ya'll going?" Daryl asked as he looked around at everyone Glenn for answers.

"On a run" Glenn said nervously. My brother can be intimidating to others. But for me, I'm used to it.

"Why is Minx goin' with ya'll, she's injured" He protested. I ran my hand down my face in frustration and groaned. I heard Maggie laugh softly at my reaction.

"Why do you have to be so annoying?" I whined. I had so many thing running through my mind that I didn't want to add another to the list.

"Fine." Daryl said. "I'll jus' come with ye" he added. I felt like screaming, that one moment when you think things can't get any worse and they do, the moment when your days been crappy already and it's getting worse by the second.

"Um, yeah, yeah" Glenn said before getting in the drivers seat. Maggie got in the passenger seat, and I got in the back followed by Daryl.

*****

I quietly made my way to the back of the rooms while the others were grabbing whatever they could.

I found one of the draws, opening it to see dozens of puffers piled up. I opened my bag and stuffed it over half of the draw. I shut the draw and spun around just as a walker stumbled on me. I screamed and put my arms up pushing it away the best I could.

The walker was a male, almost 6 foot, he looked like he used to be a muscular build. The walkers teeth were getting closer to my neck, when ever it got closer I would move my neck further away from it.

With all the strength I could muster I puts the thing back, making it fall on Daryl who had just ran around the corner. The shock made him pull the trigger on his crossbow. He wasn't aiming at the walker, but unfortunately it was aimed at my thigh.

I screamed in pain as the arrow pierced my leg and fell on my knees. Today was defiantly not my day.

Glenn and Maggie ran into the room, Glenn stabbed the walker that was trying to get at Daryl and Maggie stared in shock at my leg.

I pressed my hands around the wound, wincing at the pain. I saw out of the corner of my eye, the others run over to me.

Daryl went to pull the arrow out when I stopped him. "Dont, it'll make the bleedin' worse. We have to get back to the prison" I said squeezing my eyes shut.

Daryl slowly and carefully picked me up as I winced at the pain from my bruised sides. I opened my eyes and watched as Glenn picked up my bag, I nodded as a thank you, which he replied and we made our way to the car.

Here's chapter 17, I hope you like it. This book has been my favourite one that I have written, but that might be because of my obsession with TWD.
In a couple of days, Sunday to be precise, I will announce the winner of the competition. I just wanted to say thank you for all the entries so far, all of them making it harder to pick the winner.

For this chapter is 6 comments and 16 votes. Thanks

-Zombies Out!!!