Chapter 16

"When do ye think she'll wake up?" I heard Daryl's voice asked. In was surrounded by darkness, no idea of how to get out.

"She's been out a week, the possibility that she'll ever wake up gets smaller everyday." I heard Hershel's voice say. Wait, a week, I've been asleep for a week.

"Ain't there anything ye can do to wake 'er up" I heard Daryl say as he started to raise his voice.

"Daryl, she's in a coma. She has to wake up on her own." Hershel replied and I heard his crutches click as he hobbled out of the room. I soon heard Daryl leave the room.

I tried to open my eyes, but it was like trying to lift a house. I can't believe that this is what it's like being in a coma, just being surrounded by darkness. It's actually quite depressing.

I heard light footsteps enter and someone sat down next to me. "C'mon Minx, we need you" I heard carls voice as his hand slipped into mine.

It's weird, I'd never gotten close to anyone since I left home, I wanted to stay away from people, because in the end they just end up hurting you. "Please wake up" I heard him say.

I felt his lips press against my forehead and then they disappeared.

After several failed attempts to open my eyes, they started to get lighter. I tried one more attempt and it worked. My eyes opened to reveal a blurry looking cell, my cell. I painfully moved my head to the right to see a sleeping Carl, he looked so peaceful.

I moved my hand and squeezed his hand. His eyes slowly started to open as shook and happiness passed over his face. "Minx" he whispered.

"Geez, you really need a shower" I said looking at him. Every word I said made my throat feel like it was being scrapped by rocks.

I tried to sit up but an unbearable pain crossed over my right side and I cried out in pain and clutched my ribs.

"Hershel!" I heard Carl yell. I was ready to murder the man that did this to me.

I heard multiple footsteps and the clicking of Hershel's crutches and then everyone was standing outside the cell and staring at me.

Hershel pushed through the people and sat down next to me. "Leave" Hershel said to the others. They all slowly left apart from Daryl who stood at the end of my bed.

Hershel moved my hand away and lifted up my top half way and started poking my ribs.

"You do know that hurts" I croaked out making Hershel smile.

"One of your ribs is cracked, and is very swollen." He said standing up. "You'll need to be very careful not to move around to much." he said and handed my a cup of water. I lifted my head up and drank it all and gave the cup back. Hershel left and Daryl sat in his spot.

"I'm sorry" I heard him say as he held my hand.

"What happened to the others?" I asked.

"What ye think happened to them? No one messes with a Dixon and gets away with it" he said and I smirked.

"Then you have nothin to be sorry about" I said as I struggled into a sitting position. I managed with a bit of Daryl's help.

I swung my legs of the bed and stood up, maybe a little to quickly. I stumbled but Daryl steadied me. "Ye should be restin' " he said. I scoffed and slowly shuffled out of the cell, Daryl close behind making sure I won't fall.

When we walked into the cafeteria room everyone looked at me.

Beth was feeding the baby, Maggie was sitting next to Glenn holding his hand, Rick sat there staring daggers at me, Carol was serving food, Michonne was helping Carol and Carl was reading a comic book. But then I realised all of the other people in the room, people I haven't seen before.

I shuffled over to a table and sat next to Carl as Carol gave me a bowl of noodles. I thanked her and looked at the people.

"What'd i miss?" I asked Carl.

"The governor killed a lot of his soldier, abandoned the towns people. We took them in" Carl said as he ate his noodles. This just made me angry, why would Rick allow people who tried to kill him live with us?

I looked down at my noodles and started eating them. Even though I hadn't eaten in a week, I wasn't hungry. Probably because if what Carl just told me.

Once I'd finished my noodles I stood up to be thanked with pins and needles in my side, only the needles were knifes. I grabbed onto my side and bit down on my lip as I walked over to Carol who was washing up.

"Need any help?" I asked handing my bowl to her.

"No, I'm fine. You need to get some rest" she said. I huffed and started to shuffle back to my room. I slowly sat down on my bed and leaned against the wall. I squeezed my eyes shut as I remembered the man hitting me with the bed.

I felt someone sit down next to me so I opened my eyes and looked over to see Carl.

"Hey" he said casually.

"Hi" I said back. I looked at the wall in front of me and took small breathes.

I could feel his eyes burning into me as he stared, it was weird. I turned my head to tell him to stop when he pressed his lips against mine.

There, are ya happy now? They finally kissed. Don't worry this isn't the end of the book, I'm gonna write more about what happens in the time that they didn't show one the show. Tell me what you think.

For this chapter is 13 votes and 7 comments

-Zombies Out!!!