Dinner

Chapter 50

Adam

We made our way in silence to the restaurant. I wanted so badly to talk to her, tell her I was wrong and wrap myself up in her. But with Nate as her defender I'll never be able to get a word in. I respected what he was trying to do but he was one smart ass comment away from being tossed out of the car.

Because that will make her come back to me.

We were the first to arrive at the restaurant. To call it that is very generous. The place was a restaurant/bar/adult play house. Michael was into this place surprisingly.

We got a table and I sat across from Jennifer because Nate all but pushed me away from her. The waiter came to us and said, "Hey guys, congrats on the graduating! Mojitos for you two and what can I get you guys?"

"I'll have a bottle of Chateau d'Yquem, with it being a special day" Michael said with a smile.

"I don't even know what that is? We've got beer, wine and mixed drinks" the waiter said.

"What part was confusing I--" Michael began but, Jennifer cut him off.

"Will, don't listen to him they'll have uummm?"She looked to Nate to finish, "Budweiser and shots of Tequila for us too".

"Got it I'll be back soon!" Will said walking away.

Michael kicked Jennifer underneath the table, "Special day! And I'm drinking beer! What kind of place."

"I know how horrible! It's like who wants cheap drinks" she said laughing with Nate.

"Had I known I would have bought my own", Michael said.

"Why did you pick here?" I said.

"Everyone we know works here" Nate said.

"SARA!" Jen yelled and ran to a blond women dressed stylishly in all black carrying two gift bags. She had to be close in age to Jen and Nate.

"Come sit!" Nate yelled back to her.

"Hey, bitches! You ready for tonight?"Sara said sitting down next to Michael

"Yes! God, do you work?" Nate said.

"Hi, how are you?" Michael said wrapping his arm around her chair.

"Who are you? And you?" Sara said.

"I'm Adam, this is my brother Michael" I said shaking her hand.

"Has anyone told you your beautiful" he said leading into her.

"Down bubby, buy a girl a drink first" Sara said.

"Done" and he got up and walked to the bar.

"You're the guys; they met while traveling in Europe?"

I looked to Jennifer, Is that what everyone thinks happened? She gave me pleading eye.

"Yes, that's us" I said. Will returned with our drinks.

"Cool, how are you like Missouri so far?" Sara asked.

"Better now that we have you" Michael said giving her a drink.

"Thanks, hon!" She said to Michael. We drank our shots," Okay, open your gifts, now".

They did, Sara got Nate a book A Forces of Nature by Andrew Cohen."Thank You! Thank You!" Nate sang. Jennifer opened her bag and started to laugh. "Oh my God, you didn't! I'm not..." She started to laugh again. Nate peeked in and said, "Yes! Go put it on".