First Days and Parties

Chapter 1 First days and Parties

Jessica had just gotten in from her first day of her senior year. It was a Thursday and she thinks starting school on a Thursday is just plain stupid. She never understood why they have to start school in the middle of the week and not on a Monday. It was like wasting time pretty much to her.

She walked up to her room and seen that it was still the same way she had left it. Bed made and everything in tip-top shape. She was a little bit of an OCD person. Everything had its own place and everything is always put back in the same place as soon as she is done using it.

She put her book bag on the floor and took off her overly baggy sweats and her hoodie. It was the middle of August and she was in sweats. It was nearly 101 degrees outside, but it didn’t matter. She never showed anything about her skin unless she was swimming in the pool out back and it was just her in the water. Which is why she only swam in the mornings before everyone was awake; she had to stay in shape some how. She did not like her body at all. She always thought she was over weight if she didn’t way 110 pounds. She is overly self conscious and hid her body from everyone.

She threw on some shorts and an oversized t-shirt and sat in her bed under the covers. Jessica grabbed her school bag and started on having to sign all the papers that needed to be signed for school. They had to be signed and her parents couldn’t do it because they had died two years ago in a car wreck. She and her brother took on a lot of responsibilities when they died. Thank goodness they were well off in money. Her parents owned a major automotive shop that was in town, and were spread all across America. Her brother took the role of her dad. He runs the business which is pretty much what Nathon had helped with anyways.

Jessica does the role of her mom which was making sure their mansion was in tip-top shape. Jessica got her OCD issue from her mom. Even though they don’t clean, they have their maid do it, but still. Plus Jessica really focuses on her studies and wants to find a way to get away from the town that holds so many bad memories.

When she was finished signing all of the papers she decided to go downstairs and look for her brother. She had no more summer assignments left to do; even though they were all do due next Friday she turned them all in today. Her brother still wasn’t home, so she figured he was staying late at the shop today. She decided to try and cook for her brother so they can have a nice meal and talk. Nathon and Jessica are complete opposites but still really close. They are the only family that they have.

Nathon didn’t come home for dinner so Jessica shrugged it off and cleaned up. She went to her room and got ready for bed even though it was only 7:30. She curled up in bed and tied up her hair and fell fast asleep.

At around 11:30 she heard her brother come in. He of course had a girl with him, so knowing that she would hear them, she plugged in her headphones to her Iphone 4S and fell back asleep.

When her alarm went off at 4:30 in the morning she got up with out hesitation. She grabbed her bright hot pink bikini and changed. She quickly ran a brush through her hair and French braided it. She grabbed a pool towel from the closet and walked out back to their pool. She dove into the deep end and began to swim laps. She loved swimming. It was a way for her to be able to escape from everything and just relax. She swam around until she heard her brother open up his balcony windows. That was her only way of knowing it was time to get ready for school.