Chapter one-birthday

•IF YOU HAVENT READ THE FIRST BOOK THEN STOP NOW AND GO READ IT "UNSAFE LOVE (hayes grier fanfic)"•

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Its been two years.

Its been two different years. Georgia is nice. Its calming and quiet. I have been laying in my bed for an hour staring out my window to the beautiful trees, healthy, vibrant, grass, and the small birds chirping.

I hear a knock on the door. "Yeah?" I say still looking out the window.

"Sweetie, let me in," mom commands and i get up to unlock the door. "Its your birthday! You're 16!" She shouts excitingly.

"Here," she says and holding out a plate of golden brown toast, delicious fluffy pancakes, and orange juice.

She makes the best food. I smile at her," thank you".

I take the plate and sit down in bed gobbling down the food. She sits down in front of me. "What do you want for your birthday?" She questions.

"Nothing really," i lie. She smiles at me. "Well, heres some money. Go to the mall with your friends," she replies handing me $350 dollars. I hold the money. It doesnt seem right. I shove it back to her. "Its fine, really," i reject.

She pushes my hand back lightly," its your birthday. Go have fun," she whispers and gets up to leave.

What am i gonna do with $350 dollars? I already have the $600 stored in my closet. I tip toe to my closet and move all the cabinets. I peel off a piece of the wallpaper and appears is a small box. i unclip my necklace and look at the small silver key.

I jam it into the small hole in the box and twist. I hear a light click.

The top flings open and my heart stops for a second. So many memories.

Pictures and money. Photos of hayes, nash, aunt linda, and everyone else were held in this box. I miss them. I lied to mom of what i wanted.

What i want for my birthday is to see them again and tell them im safe and sorry.

Thats all i want. I dont want a phone, or clothes, or anything else, just to see the people i love. The one that protected me, but i couldnt see it.

A tear falls rolls down my cheek and onto the picture of hayes and i. It was the day with the beach incident. It was when he threw me into the water. I laugh about how i reacted. I was furious when he threw me in.

Another tear escapes my eye. I want this again. No, I need this again.

I run down the stairs. "Mom! Mom!" I scream.

She rushed out of her office and see that i was crying. "Whats wrong?" She asks.

"I know what i want to do for my birthday," i respond whiping my cheeks.

"What is it?" She says curiously while walking towards me.

"I want-i want to see them. I want to see the people i left because i was blind. I was blind not to see that they tried to protect me. I need to see them," i beg.

She smiles.

"Lets go,"

•••

"Do you have your suitcase in the trunk?" She asks. "Yeah," i respond.

Do i really want this? What if...what if he hates me? I shiver of the thought of hayes hating me.

My best friend hating me? Best friend? I dont like that. Not at all. Boyfriend sounds better. But i told him not to wait. He probably has a girl. That wouldnt run away like i did.