Chapter Thirty Two

Author's Note: I think it's time for some other POVs to come in, don't you think? We'll start off with dear Edward, but then continue onto some others. 

That sounded very creepy in my head and looks dorky on my screen. Oh well, who cares? ENJOY, my little chocolate bunnies!! (...that was even creepier I need to stop. Like now.)

Little Edward

Chapter Thirty Two

Jasper

"Are you sure you're fully vampire?"

There was complete silence. Edward looked down at himself, blinked, and up at us again. He pinched his skin and flinched when the flesh turned red. He brought his teeth to his forearm and dragged them across.

Blood dripped from the wound.

"Oh my god," he whispered, "I'm only half vampire."

"No," Esme whispered, her hands over her mouth. We knew what this meant. Edward was now a vulnerability, a danger, and probably in danger as well. We had to protect him from harm until we figured out how to turn him back. The Volturi probably knew this would happen. THey'd be on the lookout for him, prowling the globe for the half vampire Edward to fall right into their clutches.

And suddenly, the doorbell rang.

We smelled human.

"Oh my god, it's Kyle!" Alice hissed, wide-eyed. Everyone besides Edward stared at my psychic wife with confusion written across their faces. Edward paled, his red eyes wide with horror. WIth a panicked look down at his comatose brother and mate, he and Alice began to fly about in a hurry, Alice going twice the speed of her now older brother. 

"Get these in your eyes, we'll get Bella and Emmett upstairs," Alice commanded, throwing a pair of green colored contacts at Edward, but was stopped when he saw both Jacob and Kyle standing in the doorway, looks of utter terror and confusion on their faces. 

"Kyle! How'd you get in here?" Edward demanded, his deep voice worried and not at all confident. Kyle stared at him, unable to speak for a few moments.

"This Jacob guy let me in."

"You're back?!" Jacob spluttered in shock. "Why aren't you trying to save them then?" 

"I'm not fully back, mutt. Not yet anyways. We were trying to figure it out when you barged in!" Edward snapped back, too fixated on his former assistant to put any effort into being civil to the werewolf.

"Why don't we all sit down and we can explain this to you Kyle? You must be confused," Carlisle said softly, and we all stared at him, including Jacob. "He's already seen Edward's eyes, he knows too much. It's better to just tell him everything," Carlisle hissed quietly. 

And so we all sat back down in the living room, Edward's knee jerking periodically, as though he had ADHD. Leave it to my brother to get a disorder while he was human. But no, Edward had nerves running through him like an electric current. I could sense it radiating from his body. His mind was not in the right place right now.

 "Edward isn't who you think he is, Kyle," Alice started, her voice soft and calming, the same voice she used with me all those years ago when I was a wild vampire, thirsting for human blood. I smiled at her gentle and kind aura.

"That much is obvious," Kyle answered, his voice clipped and betrayed. I could sense his emotions and tell that he didn't care what the real Edward was, just that he hadn't told him. He didn't know that Edward hadn't known himself.