Chapter Nineteen

Author's Note: All I have to say is: "Don't hate me after this chapter."

Little Edward

Chapter Nineteen

Rosalie

Bella sunk to her knees. 

"No." 

The whispered, agonized word slipped from Bella's lips as she collapsed to the ground, holding her head in her hands. Edward backed away as I shot him a look, having an expression similar to one of guilt. I knew it wasn't Edward's fault that this had happened, but I couldn't help but blame him. 

My respect for my adopted brother went out the window the second he broke Bella's heart by choosing Emma. He may not have had control over his de-aging, but he did have control over who his girlfriend was. Hurting my little sister was unacceptable.

"What age?" Esme's gentle, concerned tone brought me out of my thoughts. Bella looked up as well, almost hopeful. 

"Twenty-two."

Garrett and Em lifted the dark-haired girl onto the sofa, murmuring soothing words of comfort. Edward sat beside her, and reached for her hands. She looked as if in a trance, and didn't react to his touch. 

"Bella, I'm sorry. I truly am," he sighed, looking at her concernedly. Bella was unresponsive and did not meet his eyes. 

"Bells?" 

Emmett crouched before her. The rest of us moved in to see if she would answer. 

No reply. 

"Bella? Bella? Bella?"

Alice was frantically waving her hands before my sister. Bella's obsidian eyes were unseeing, and nothing we did snapped her out of it. 

And then, the worst thing ever to happen in my existence. 

"Is the bitch gone yet?"

At once, the room was chaos. 

"GET OUT OF MY FUCKING HOUSE, YOU FUCKING BITCH! THE NERVE, THE AUDACITY TO COME BACK HERE AFTER OPENLY INSULTING BELLA! YOU'RE DESPICABLE!" 

It was Esme.

If you knew what was good for you, you never messed with Esme's family, or she turned into a savage beast, ready to destroy everything in her line of vision. 

"Get out, Emma. Now," Edward growled out in a dangerous tone. Emmett looked proud of our brother before cracking his fists menacingly at the blond girl. 

But it was Bella that shocked us all. 

She stood calmly, her onyx orbs guarded by a stone wall, none of her emotions penetrating it. She stalked up to Emma, who smirked in satisfaction at evoking a reaction out of Bella. 

"Listen up, kid. I've watched you grow up from an irritating, snot-nosed brat to a prissy, supercilious, egotistical, whiny, annoying bitch. I've dealt with you far longer than I ever wanted to. You waltzed into my life, and you need to fucking get out. I don't know how you ever expect to get a guy, but you're not getting your filthy paws on this one, nor will you try to pressure him into being with you. If he wishes to stay with you, then my work here is done, and I'll leave you two alone for the rest of your lives. I'm done playing this game with you, Emma, and if you think I will deal with one more of your temper tantrums, you've got another thing coming." Bella jabbed her finger into Emma's chest, shoving her backwards. She whirled around to face Edward. 

"Well, Eddie? Just tell her to go, and we can be together!" Emma squealed, unfazed by Bella's speech. However, the rest of us were horrified. What did Bella mean by 'her work here is done'? Would she give up on everything? On Edward, on us? 

On life?

Edward

"I, er, well, see, umm," I stumbled over my words. Carlisle walked forward, placing a hand on his daughter's shoulder. 

"Put my little girl out of her misery, Edward. Tell her."

"Come on, Eddie!"

"Now or never, Edward."

"Take care of my heart. I've left it with you."

"Emma is not your soulmate."

"She's your sister, Eddie."

Emma. Bella. Emma. Bella. Emla. Belma. Ella. Bemma. Emma. Bella. 

"Emma."

Author's Note: This story is probably going ON HOLD for a week or two, because (my apologies) I have a new story that I'd like to upload. Sorry guys. I just lost inspiration.