Chapter Three (Part One)

Bella's POV

    Edward laughed again. I turned away, not wanting him to see my misery. Alice came in the room. She hugged me. "It's going to be okay," Alice whispered so that Edward couldn't hear. I pulled out of her embrace, too sad to say anything. I walked into my room feeling ashamed and miserable.

    Edward forgot about me. I am only a sister to him. It's like reliving my life, but only in reverse, me being the bad guy and Edward being the innocent human. Only Edward wasn't my age. He was a child that I would take care of, protect, and love him.

    Alice interrupted me and my thoughts. "I see something," she said, distracted. I sat up straight. "What is it?" I asked hopefully. "Edward willremember you when he grows up. But that will be a few years from now," Alice told me. I was radiant with happiness. I could wait a few years if it meant getting back my angel.

    I danced around with Alice. I swung open my door and together, we waltzed downstairs. "Whoa, Alice, what have you done to Bella?" Emmett asked, surprised. Alice giggled and before he could move, she pushed him to the floor and tickled him. Emmett got up and growled. "Evil little pixie," he grumbled, standing by Rosalie. I laughed. Carlisle looked at me, confused. "What's so great?" he asked. "Edward will remember me! Edward will remember me!" I cried, beaming. Edward came running down the stairs. "Bella!" he cried. I picked him up. 

    "What's wrong?" I asked, concerned. Edward shook his head. He looked so much like his old self. Edward kicked his legs happily. "Can we go to the park?" Edward asked. He gave me pleading eyes, which I couldn't resist. 

    "I will go with you, Bella," Alice volunteered. I nodded. Edward reached for Alice and Alice took him upstairs and got him into warmer clothes. I got a bag and stuffed in some snacks and a video camera. If anything memorable was going to come out of this, I needed to have it to remind me of something good in this life.

Edward's POV

    Alice carried me upstairs. I shivered at her cold touch. "Why are you cold?" I asked curiously. "I'm sick, Edward," Alice said. I could tell she was lying. It might have sounded real to anyone else, but I knew the difference between the truth and a lie.

    I shrugged. If I wasn't involved, then why should I be concerned? I was concerned, though, about my sister, Bella. A tiny nagging feeling at the back of my head was nudging me. It was like a box I wanted to open, but didn't really know about. 

    Alice and I came to my room. She sat me down on my bed, which was the replacement for the crib I had grown out of in an hour.

    Why did I grow so fast? I had no idea whatsoever. I knew that my siblings and parents knew why and that was probably the reason Bella was upset early. It was about her 'problem', the problem I knew was my problem as well as hers.

    Alice walked over to my closet and took out a black shirt and jeans. "Wear this," she said coldly. What did I do? I shook my head. That's when I noticed my sister's eyes.

    Only minutes ago, they were the most beautiful gold eyes and now they were as black as midnight. Bella's eyes were gold as were the rest of the family's. But mine were a brilliant green. How could I possibly be related to them if we don't even have the same eye color?!?

    Alice suddenly looked like she was in a trance. I held my breath, hoping she would tell me something about the problem. Alice noticed me staring at her. "Edward, sweetie, please stop worrying. We are fine, you are fine, and nothing bad is going to happen. We are going to the park to enjoy ourselves, so be happy and lift your chin!" Alice said, bending down to look at me eye to eye. But, as I wish she hadn't, she lied again.

Okay, this is a short chapter, but I was so happy because I got two fans, two comments, and two votes! For this chapter, I'm only asking for thirteen comments, three fans, or five votes. t's not too much to ask for. If anyone has a suggestion, I'm all ears. I know I promised a long chapter, but that will be the next two chapters. I want to say thank you to cittycait because she really and truly helped me a lot. If you like this story, go to her profile and say, "Thank you!" because this chapter would never be here if she hadn't motivated me. So please comment, vote, and fan! Remember my expectations!