Chapter Twenty Six

Little Edward

Chapter Twenty Six

Rosalie

How long has it been since I've kissed him?

How long has it been since I've smiled?

How long has it been since yesterday, or an hour ago, or a minute?

Is time even passing?

His face didn't change from that calm state of unconsciousness, and I couldn't do anything but watch it. I burned with a fierce anger to tear apart that Emma bitch and drag both her and Edward back to wake them up. 

But that wasn't allowed, so I settled for throwing darts at a picture of her. 

For a vampire, I was pretty good at throwing darts without throwing too hard and making a hole in the wall or crushing the dart in my hands. I refused to leave Emmett here, alone and unprotected. 

Bella's youthful and beautiful face remained in that agonized, heartbroken form, and it nearly broke me to see it. She had endured so much. So much pain, so much anguish. All for him to come waltz back with a lame apology and boom! Kisses and snuggles. 

But I knew it wasn't really his fault. But how could I not blame him? It was like the Edward we knew didn't exist. I missed my irritating, obnoxious, know-it-all brother. I missed my sarcastic, stubborn, fearless sister. Most of all, I missed my goofy, loud, loving teddy bear. 

Alice predicted that it would be another three years until Edward is done aging, unless the Volturi have something else up their sleeve. But I doubted it. They had everything they wanted. Edward's power had been given to Aro, and he was probably the most powerful vampire in the world, being able to sense current thoughts from a distance, while also seeing every thought a person has had with just one touch. He could kill us all using our own thoughts. But all that mattered that Bella and Emmett were safe. 

"Rose..." It was Garrett. He had taken to sitting by Bella. I had had no idea of his bond with Bella until this tragedy, and it came as a shock to all. Those 25 years hanging around with him and then the concerts and hunting trips when Edward was younger had really brought them both together. 

Garrett sat on the stool beside my sleeping little sister, caressing her high cheekbones gently. Her eyes stared brokenly upward, none of her fire showing through her topaz orbs. Her usual piss and vinegar was absent, and I missed it dearly. 

"She's in there. Somewhere. She can't hear us, or see us, or feel us, but I know she's locked up somewhere inside, and she's doing her damndest to get out."

Little did we know how true that statement was. 

Aro

Our plans had both failed and succeeded in getting me what I wanted. Not only did my new power determine my guards' loyalty, I alone, as an individual, possessed a gift that posed a threat to enemies. No one would attack me now. No one would step out of line now. 

Bella Cullen had become my newest focus. Her mind shielded her from the illusion that was Jane's power, but that worried me. She could stop us, if she set her mind to it. And I needed to find a way to leave her weak and useless. 

"Jane. Tessa. Come."

The small blond girl already in front of me simply turned to face my throne. The tall, lean brunette strode in from the side, her face showing no emotion. Her gift was one that I adored. It broke and created a sort of mental barrier. It worked in a strange way. It could remove a mental shield temporarily, and put one up for a long time, but it only kept in things, not out. What I needed was to combine the two. 

And that's when it hit me. A barrier that held in pain. 

"Bring in a human. I'd like to try an experiment."

Author's Note: Are you gonna kill me since its so short?? Hope not, because I have ideas for the  next chapter. I hate creating deadlines and then passing over them, so this time, I'm not setting one. I will update when I can, but know that I am always thinking of this story. Whenever I have any time, I work on it. SO sorry about the length, hopefully it will be enough for you all. Next one will probably be the second to last chapter of this story. 

Sequel or not?