Chapter Five

Bella's POV

    After finishng off a large buck, I decided I was filled enough to go home. When I reached the meadow in front of our home, Edward was on the ground, sleeping. I chuckled and pickied him up. Edward, being the beautiful person he was, dazzled me. I was shocked. He was a kid, how did he dazzle me? But then again, he always surprised me.

    When we got inside, Alice looked worried, sitting on Jazz's lap. I set Edward in Rose's arms and rushed to Alice's side. "Alice! What do you see?" I asked, running my hand through my brown hair. Alice glanced up at me. "Emma."

    Em growled. "I am really getting ready to pummel this Emma into the ground!" Jazz made a hiss. Alice got up, shaking her head. If she could be crying, she would have needed a tissue box. "Edward. He is going to believe that they are soulmates," Alice said shakily. Rosalie dropped Edward, letting his head hit the floor. Edward woke up and looked around, confused. Rose appeared behind me, catching me as I fell. My head felt weird. Like I was getting a human headache. It didn't matter. I sobbed tearlessly. I shook Rosalie off and ran to my room, jumped out the window, and let myself fall. I wanted to die. I realized Alice would see me and I decided to just go for a run and then make a run for it when I was close to the Volturi.

    As I sprinted through the woods, I thought about my family. Edward, who used to love me and hold me and just be there for me. Alice, fun and crazy, always being my source of excitement. Emmett, my big brother. Jasper, calming me when need be. Esme and Carlisle, my parents, loving and caring for me. Even Rosalie, who knew exactly how I felt. All of them would be devastated to find me gone. But if Edward wasn't going to love me, then there was no reason for me to live. So I ran faster, deciding to go for a run to clear my head, for Alice's sake. I didn't pay attention to where I was going, so when I noticed I was dangerously close to Volterra, I stopped and then...ran.

Alice's POV

    Edward stood up after watching Bella vanish upstairs, crying with no tears. He glanced at me, waiting for an answer. Well, I was about to give to him.

    "Edward Masen Cullen. Emma is not your soulmate. There is someone else that you don't know about, that we do. Bella's 'problem' is partially because of you and Emma. Please don't torture her anymore by spending time with Emma," I said, glaring at the child. Edward growled a soft growl.

    "Bella! She's ruining my life, I tell you! Emma is the love of my life and I can't see her because of stupid Bella! I hate you Bella, I HATE YOU!!!" Edward screamed angrily, runnning over to me. He kicked my leg, which made him wince in pain. Then he ran upstairs. As soon as he was gone, I was pulled into two visions, one right after the other. 

FIRST VISION: Edward stomped upstairs and shot into Bella's room. He knocked over everything, went through every drawer and spilled it's contents, he punched the windows and laughed as they broke, pulled out all of her clothes and threw them out the broken windows, along with the bracelet he had given her before the newborn army came, and crumpled up a note that read: Take care of my heart. I've left it with you

SECOND VISION: Bella was running through the woods, angry and upset. She didn't breathe at all. And after a long while, the future changed and Bella was close to Italy. And before I could do anything at all, she changed course and started the short journey to the Volturi to kill herself.

    As I came back, I was sitting in Jasper's lap. My entire family was surrounding me. "What did you see?" Rosalie asked, concerned. "Bella..." My voice broke as I said my best friend/sister's name. "Where is she?" Carlisle asked me, already working the gears in his brilliant mind. "She's going to the Volturi. She wants to die. She is going to do exactly what Edward was going to do, though now there's no chance of stopping her. She's already extremely close to Volterra and won't ask the Volturi to kill her. She's just going to expose herself at noon. Bella thinks if Edward doesn't want her, then why should she live? She's going to die," I whispered quickly, averting my eyes from Emmett's angry eyes. 

    "Bella is not going to die. She's my baby sister, I won't let anything harm her," Emmett assured me. Rose nodded. "I'm in too," she said, "because I know Bella would do the same for me." Jasper lifted me offf of him and stood. "Count me in." I also stood. "Carlisle, Esme, we will go after her. You stay here and make sure nothing happens to Edward. He is our only hope," I announced bravely. Esme shook her head. "Bella won't come back unless she knows there is a chance with Edward. Bring him with you." Esme looked heartbroken. "Bring my daughter back safely." We all nodded and rushed out the door.