Chapter 11: Late Summer Rain

Picture of Drake (Asher Book)! So cute! <3

My back was aching, I normally slept on my back but for some strange reason, I slept on my side last night.

“Arrgh,” I mumbled, sitting up, “Ugghhh!”

“Quit it,” Derek sleepily mumbled, his face buried into the pillow, “You’re so loud Burkley!”

“EEEEEKK!”

I rolled off the bed and fell to the hard floor.

“Ugh,” I gingerly rubbed the back of my now throbbing head. 

“Holy crap Burkley!”

Derek edged himself to the side of the bed, his face peering over, “You okay? Please tell me your nose didn’t hit the ground dammit!”

I sat up and scowled in a groggily voice, “Relax, the back of my head broke the fall.”

Derek threw me a crooked smile, “God you scared me.”

I shook my head, slowly rising and fixing the horrible wedgie I acquired while falling.

“Erm, I guess I’ll go now, it’s like 7.”

“Stay.”

My head snapped up, “What?”

Derek rolled his eyes, “I told the nurse to not bother me for the entire day.”

I frowned, “But why?”

“God Burkley, do you need everything to be explained? Just for kicks! Becker and Colton aren’t visiting today, they’re back at school. I need company.”

Okay...

He shot me a glare. “You down to stay or not?” he impatiently demanded.

Geez demanding much?

Plopping myself on the hard plastic chair on the side, I turned to the glaring Derek.

“Fine, I’m down.”

“Go, go, go! NOOOO! YOU SUCK BALLS!”

Derek and I were on the edge of our seats watching soccer.

“He had that in the bag,” Derek shook his head, “He should’ve scored when he had the chance, that retarded fag.”

I nodded my head in agreement although I had no idea what was going on, “Yeah, what was he thinking, the idiot!”

Derek irritatedly flipped off the tv and turned to me, “So who’s your favorite player?”

I quickly pawed my mind in search of the limited soccer player names I knew.

I began to pathetically draw a blank, “Ummmm...”

Derek eyed me impatiently, “Well?”

I tried to remember a conversation Riley and Trevor had about soccer a few months ago, oh why oh why didn’t I pay attention? 

“Erm... Mia Hamm and David Beckham?”

He nodded, “I like Cristiano Ronaldo.”

I must’ve had the most blank expression ever for Derek rolled his eyes and added, “Manchester United and Real Madrid.”

I nodded, “Ohhh.”

How stupid I must sound.

“So,” Derek laid back down on the cot and sighed, “You’re parents know you’re in the hospital?”