Chapter 5: No big deal...

Drake Roy (Asher Book oh hot damn!) and Tanner Patrick's cover of 'Part of Me' on the side :)

The firm mattress kept me up all night. That, and I was texting Savannah, keeping her up to date.

So any hotties?

I stifled a giggle, glanced up at my door incase anyone came in to investigate the sound, and shot back a speedy reply.

Nope they all look like Riles.

S: ew! riles?! no way! surely theres 1 hottie!

M: idk... ive only been here for half a day

S: kk, dont fall 4 anyone! ;) haha catch some Z’s erin, u have a big day ahead of u tomorrow. love u! <3

I smiled, sliding my phone into my bedside table drawer. Tomorrow, I would officially be Aaron Burkley.

“Crap, hurry up Aaron!” Derek roared, pounding on the bathroom door, “It’s been over half an hour, what are you? A girl?”

I winced, adjusting my wig while desperately trying to button up my shirt over the tight brace. If only my bedroom had a mirror, then I wouldn’t have to go through all this trouble.

“Dude, hurry the hell up! I gotta piss!”

I rolled my eyes and kicked the door, “Shut up Derek and stop being so snooty.”

I immediately regretted saying that.

“What the hell?!” Derek fumed, slamming his fist against the door, “Hurry up before I break the door down man!”

I ignored his threats, hastily throwing on my uniform’s blazer while trying to listen to the faint voices of Riley and Adam, both of whom were trying to calm the raging Derek.

I slowly opened the door when I was done, relieved when Derek was no where in sight.

“Phew.”

“That was close.”

I looked up to find a fully dressed Riley, his expression was stone cold.

“Erin,” he sighed, “Don’t piss Derek off like that.”

I suspiciously eyed him, “Where’s the devil?”

Riley shook his head and handed me my backpack. “Gone, Adan took him down the hall to use a friends bathroom cause you were taking too long. You know better than that! You can’t spend that long of a time in the bat-”

I held up my hand to silence him. “Riley, I need the mirror in order to fix my wig. I’m a girl, I need the bathroom. Besides, Derek’s just a jerk in general.”

Riley laughed and grabbed my hand. “Fine, I’ll keep that in mind next time Aaron,” he winked. “Let’s go to class.”

Riley and I didn’t have any classes together but I did have two with Adam, English 3 honors and AP Chemistry. Adam was kind enough to welcome me into his clique of friends, all baseball players who all commented on my girly face and I quote, ‘super girly facial features brah.’ He even took the liberty of giving me a personal tour of the campus during break time as well.

“So you and Riley seem pretty close,” he stated as we made our way to the cafeteria.

I shrugged, eager to change the topic. “He’s best friends with my brother,” I choked out, “That’s why.”