Chapter 8: Holy Pina Colada!

Picture of Derek (Max Schnieder!) on the side!

Due to West Montgomery rules, no student is permitted to be off campus after 11PM. So that pretty much killed the celebratory plans Adam and Riley had made.

“Damn,” Adam sighed as they lifted me down to the ground in the safety of our dorm. “I really wanted to celebrate! Beating Drake? Thats huge man!”

“Same,” Riley whined with equal verve. “We can go tomorrow though.”

I nodded, “Good idea, I’m beat.”

I awoken to the warm sunlight filtering through my thin curtains that Saturday afternoon.

Yawning, I slowly sat up from my bed and scratched my back, I lived for the weekends. Why? It was an opportunity for me to sleep in, a chance for me to lock my door and sleep without the tight brace.

As stupid as it sounds, I kept the brace on almost 24/7. Who knows, what if a guy came in my room in the middle of the night and saw I had boobs! Paranoid? I think not!

Apparently, locking doors is weird for dudes.

I glanced at the clock on my nightstand; 12:45PM, I’ve slept passed noon.

“Hey hey hey, it’s Burkley!” Adam cheered when I stumbled down, “He’s finally up, that lazy piece of ass!”

I rolled my eyes as Riley slapped my back. “Dude! You’ve been knocked out for hours!”

I grimaced, “Tired from last night.”

Derek looked up from his episode of Bones and sighed, “I’m guessing we have to celebrate now that our guest of honor has finally awoken from his beauty sleep?”

“Hell yeah” Adam yelled, “Frickin Roy’s streaking Monday! We gotta celebrate this!”

Hiding my frown, I began to intently study the back of a cereal box. 

I was not looking forward to catching a glimpse of a naked Drake Roy running around campus Monday morning.

“Trust me!” Adam yelled over the loud music, “This place is sick!”

I winced as the bass thudded, blasting Drake at full volume.

“Where are we?!” I shouted as the music suddenly switched to a crooning Britney Spears. “I feel like we’re in Vegas!”

“Better!” Adam enthused as he weaved through the crowd of waiting people.

Riley gently escorted me by the shoulder to the entrance of the crowded club behind a bouncy Adam and sulking Derek.

I tried to protest, “Riley! We’re cutting all those people!” but my complaints were in vain, the music was too loud. We had reached the front of the line.

“Man I hate this place,” Derek frowned, “Sucks balls, bloody hell.”

I coughed, “Where are we?”

We stood behind the velvet rope as Adam quickly chatted with the bouncer, using elaborate hand motions in an attempt to get his point across.

What the hell?

The bouncer instantly nodded after two minutes of Adam’s persuasion and undid the velvet rope for us to enter.

Adam grinned triumphantly, grandly gesturing to the door as he led us inside. “Gentleman, I welcome you to The Bat Cave.