Chapter 3

I awoke to some one talking.

"Ember, please wake up." the voice said.

It felt like they were hitting me on the head repeatedly.

I groaned, "Quit hitting my head."

"Oh thank goodness! You're awake!" the voice talked back.

"Yeah, now stop hitting me!" I complained.

"Umm... That's not me. You must have one heck of a headache. Not that I can blame you." the voice said.

I slowly opened my eyes. Lucky was sitting next to me while I was lying on a bed. There was something warm on my head.

"What's on my head then?" I asked.

"That's just my hand. I've been trying to keep you warm so you're body temperature will go back to normal." she said smiling.

"Where am I? Why am I here? And what happened?" I questioned her.

"You're in you're room. Your here because you have been out for he past week. And finally, Caleb made your body temperature go below 100°." She answered.

Then it all came back. "Oh, right."

I began to sit up. I grabbed the kitchen thermometer on the bedside table and took my temp. 200° F.

"I should be fine, I just need to move around a bit." I got up and began to wander the apartment. I felt like my normal self.

"Let's go down to the lawn." I suggested.

"Actually, we need to head to class. It starts in about... 15 minutes." she said checking the clock.

I quickly took a shower, pulled on a pair of jeans and my Paramore concert T-shirt, brushed my teeth, and pulled my wet hair back into a pony tail.

"Ready." I said triumphantly.

"Good. We can grab some breakfast from the vending machines." Lucky said happily.

We ran down to the elevator and went down. We ran to the school building and stopped for some pop-tarts out of the vending machines, and made our way to class.

We sat down just as the bell rang. The day began to pass as it normally does. Tests, papers, group projects, the usual. That was only the first half of our day. Before lunch is normal school, after though, is combat training.

Lucky told me about it as we sat down for lunch. I was just about to bite down on my delicious-looking turkey sandwich, when I June dragging Drew and a blue haired girl dragging yesterday's attacker.

June and the blue haired girl came up smiling with the scowling boys behind them.

The blue haired girl stuck out her hand, "I'm Kyla. I'm a Flow. Its nice to meet you."

June turned to the boys. "Boys, don't you have an apology to make?"

Drew stepped forward first. "I'm sorry for attacking you and accusing you of trying to show everyone up."

"Apology accepted." I said.

"Caleb?" Kyla said nudging him.

He let out a sigh, "I'm sorry for stepping in and doing the rational thing instead of you burning my friend to a crisp."

I felt my anger boil. "Oh, yeah. I'll just accept your apology about how you thought you were being rational when you and your ice cubes nearly killed me." I spat sarcastically.

"Ugh. You Heats are so over dramatic." he said rolling his eyes.

I took a step towards him and pointed my finger at him. "I am not over dramatic! You are just self centered."

"Oh really?" he said angrily taken a step towards me.

"Just kiss and get it over with!" Drew said finally, rolling his eyes.

Caleb and I both realized how close we were standing and we both scurried away from each other.