The Awakening of the Vampire Princess Ch.2

• Dedicated to Katie Mitchell

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

thank you

recap:

I hopped on to it and put the keys it and turned them. I heard my baby purr loudly before I sped off towards the Callahan mountain range. I wasn't in a mood for school today.

*************************

Darcy's P.O.V

I suddenly woke up with the loud noise of my sister's death trap. It's so fucking loud and it was only six in the morning. Doesn't mean because she is a freak and doesn't sleep she has a right to wake all the rest of us up to suffer with her. I never knew why my sister couldn't have been born normal and popular like me and Rebecca. She didn't even want to try out for cheerleading. I mean she is so stupid who didn't want to be around hot football players? I think it was clear she wasn't normal. I mean she maybe awakening to be a vampire but that doesn't mean she has to act like a freak. I got out of bed and put on my 'I'm not a morning person' slippers and went to take a shower.

I took off my shorts and sports bra that I slept in. The best thing about mornings was the fact that I could take a shower. I used the coconut flavoured shampoo today.

When I was finished with the shower I walked over to my large wooden wardrobe. I dropped the Whinnie Pooh towel to the floor and concentrated on finding something that would make me look good in the wardrobe. I picked my red booty shorts and an electric blue tank top. It was summer for God's sake and my emo sister decided to wear jeans and a long sleeved top the dork. She would never show some skin, I mean she would never show her body's curves or chest. She always wore loose shirts that didn't hug her body shape. I slid my feet into my scarlet flip flops and stared at the mirror to see how beautiful I am. I have blonde hair light green eyes and a chest, a curvy body. I wasn't tall but I was thin. I mean I did get David the school's hottest boy who WAS a player to quit being a player for me. He is my boyfriend. Well it's kinda typical though, he is the hottest boy and I am the head cheerleader and the hottest girl. Who wouldn't want me?

I took out my make up and put some mascara, light blue eye shadow and pink lip gloss. Unlike my emo sister I never ever wear my eye liner heavily only lightly. I made sure to comb my blonde hair and it looked perfect like always. It's too bad I had to dye my hair though but everyone was doing it so who cares. I took my pink school bag and knocked on Rebecca's door.

She came out wearing a blue mini skirt and a green tank top that said world peace. Rebecca was the second prettiest girl in the school after me of course. She had natural chestnut brown hair and hazel eyes. She was tall, thin and a natural beauty who never ever wore make up. That's why I always envied her; she never had to try to look beautiful, she just did always. She was played with by David and got her feelings hurt really bad. He cheated on her and she found out. But he said he would quit being a player for ME, so I accepted. I think Becky is jealous of me because David likes me more than her.

"Hey, you ready sleepy head," I asked her.

"You bet," she answered enthusiastically.

Suddenly I heard a car beep outside. I squealed excited.

"Let's go," Becky said coldly.

What was her problem?

I grabbed an energy bar in the kitchen and started chewing on it. I slid into the front seat where MY beautiful David sat. He had dark brown hair with light blue eyes. He had a well toned muscular body but not too muscular. He was tall and really gorgeous.

"Hey baby," he greeted with a peck on the lips.

"Hey," I kissed him back.

"Let's go to school shall we," he winked at Becky.

"Whatever," she muttered.

Amber's P.O.V

I was nearing the woods now and I could smell the grassy fresh air. I left my beautiful black bike at my usual spot concealed with soft green bushes. I had my own special place in the woods in this mountain range, which no one knew about. It was my escape from reality, from school, from those bitchy sisters, from everything. I noticed my hair was loosely around me which meant that my bobbins snapped during the ride. Great. Wonderful, I thought to myself. I took my red hairbrush out of my bag and combed my hair so it at least looked neat.

I started my hike towards my little paradise, my little escape. I stepped on the soft green grass and let my self smell the nature around me. Each step I took I felt my troubles lifting from me as if they didn't exist, as if they never happened. The trees where tightly packed and I had to slide to pass through the tightly packed trees. As I touched each brown tree trunk I felt safe and I ran my hand up and down the tree's coarse bark. I could feel little ants working diligently under my hand, little centipedes and the yellow sticky tree sap. With each touch I felt freer like I could fly, like I didn't have any boundaries. I looked up towards the sky, the sun was blindingly shiny. The soft rays of sunlight hit my skin and at first it felt a little uncomfortable but as I got used to it, it warmed my cool skin. The sky was baby blue and unusually calm looking, like a calm before a storm. I shuddered at the thought I wouldn't let reality drag me down, not today, not when I was here in my little paradise. I skipped school regularly and didn't fall behind in the lessons ever, so the teachers stopped caring and let me do as I please. I looked in front and realised my feet already carried me to my little escape.

It wasn't a terribly large area and it was concealed by the tightly packed trees so no one would ever think of exploring and finding something. There was a little waterfall in the left corner. It trickled down from the light green hill and would fall on the ground beneath it with a soft patter. I found listening to the water really soothing, like waves erasing the footprints in the brown sand. I felt the tranquillity erasing the bruises and scars of everyday life. Around the dark blue pool where the waterfall fell it was decorated with medium grey stones surrounding it. In the middle of the field were all kinds of flowers; white, pink, red and yellow roses, red tulips, soft yellow daffodils, purple and lilac lilies, white snowdrops and white and light pink daisies. There was a little path I created out of little grey coloured stones that led to little mahogany table with curved iron legs at the centre. There were two matching chairs at either side. I found two little tea cups with saucers under them on the table. Both of the cups and the saucers were made out of red porcelain. There was a matching teapot that had steam coming out of it and a chocolate cake that was decorated dark red strawberries. It looked like someone came here and left in a hurry. Oh Well whatever.

I started to take of my clothes and putting on my black and red striped bikini. I walked over to the pool beside the waterfall and got into it. As I got in at first the water was cold against my skin which gave me shivers. Eventually I warmed up and took a few practice dives expanding my lungs and making each one longer. Before I took my longest breath I first grabbed a hold of on of my broken ribs and put them back into place. It cracked back into place with a loud snap. The bruises were slowly starting to disappear and water was healing them. My mom always complemented me on how fast my regeneration was and how strong my healing powers were. She said I would be a strong Healing Priestess.

I grabbed my camera because it was waterproof and tied it with a string around m wrist. I opened my mouth and sucked in as much air as my lungs could hold. I dived once again and opened my eyes underwater and started swimming towards the little entrance to the cave. As I was swimming I passed little goldfishes, green, pink and yellow algae and orange corals. I squeezed myself through the little cave entrance and started making my way to the surface. As I gasped for air, I noticed a boy taking pictures with a camera. He had electric blue eyes that had electric currents running in them and only then I noticed he was in his swimming trunks and that I was in my bikini. I felt very embarrassed and shocked; I just stood there frozen in my tracks.