The Awakening of the Vampire Princess Ch.20

Sorry I haven't updated in a while but now I'll probably update every other week. I want to finish the story by the end of May. The huge twist will happen in the chapter after next so beware :P Sorry if it's not long. I wanted toupdate it today. 

Recap:

"I guess you win the bet bro, I'll give you your five hundred later," Justin replied with a smirk playing at his lips. Instantly I jumped up, tears forming in my eyes. They were both heartless bastards. I couldn't handle the fact they would be my in laws, at least Tom wasn't like them. I darted past him, running out the door, while hearing him comment.

"As easy as her sisters."

-----------------------------------------------

Amber's P.O.V

    The minute I was out of the house I headed towards my sanctuary since I couldn't bear for anyone else to see me this way.

This time when I rode towards my little paradise, I looked at the trees that blurred by; their vivid green leaves shining even in the gloomy weather. The grass still glistened from the rainfall the previous night and the forest smelled fresh and marshy.

    I sighed letting the freshness invade my nostrils and settle my nerves. Awakening vampires get emotional. That's what they thought me at vamp school. So this was completely normal but for assholes to be the cause of it wasn't in the least bit. I ground my teeth together, at the laughter that I remembered echoing in their bedroom. At me. Another wave of anger crashed around me. Deep breaths, Amber. Deep breaths. You'll get the assholes back. Sure I will, when pigs fly. I dampened my thoughts and pulled over to my quaint spot.

     The trail to the waterfall was like any other, I took every day. It was becoming so familiar to me that I could've closed my eyes and still known the way. However, the waterfall took away my breath every time. It's ageless beauty stunning me every time. Once I was inside the safety of the cave, I noticed I wasn't alone. Tom was there, laying back and looking at the ceiling. My soul mate. The thought made my heart pick up.

      "Hey," he greeted me softly, not even looking at me.

      "Hey," I called back quietly afraid to disturb the tranquil silence.

      "Why are you so down?"

      "What do you mean?" I pretended not to know what his was talking about so he wouldn't ask me.

       "What have my brothers done to you this time?" he asked, getting up and looking at me, his violet eyes seeing straight through my façade. I averted my eyes, studying the hard, rock floor.

        "Made a bet," I mumbled, a scarlet blush rising in my cheeks.

         "Oh that," Tom nodded in realisation. My head snapped up at his tone.

         "You knew?"

         "Yeah."

         "And you didn't think to tell me?"

         "I didn't think they were serious," Tom replied in all honesty. I scoffed.

         "Yeah right."

         "I didn't. You should see the stupid bets they make. It's truly ridiculous, they don't even follow through most of them," Tom defended. I rolled my eyes at his pathetic excuse.

         "Thanks for the heads up anyways."

        "I said I was sorry."

        "You still have to make it up to me."

        "What do you want?" Tom asked exasperatedly.

        "You think of how to make it up to me," I replied smartly.

        "How about a date?"

         "A date?" I repeated unbelievingly.

       "That's what I said!"

       "When?" I asked excitedly.

       "Tonight," Tom suggested a grin plastered on his face. My earlier mood evaporated and I didn't care what David and Justin did to me. I had a date with my soul mate. The thought made me giddy.

      "I would love to," I replied with a big smile.

      "How's eight for you?"
      "Great!"

      "I'll pick you up. Now I have to go," he said and dived into the water. I watched him swim under the entrance, before his silhouette disappeared. My earlier mood was brightened immediately and I was already thinking what I would wear.

  Tom's P.O.V

         As I drove home, I couldn't help but grimace at what my brothers did to Amber. They were an awful duo when they wanted to be one. I sighed, shaking my head at the imagery. Now I was stuck with a date. A very hot date, but I didn't feel the same way about her. Sure she was gorgeous and any man would be lucky to have Amber. Amber wasn't and never would be her.

         The most beautiful woman who made my heart sore and my loins burn. She wasn't ever meant to be with me. Someone of different origin who would never belong in this world. Life was cruel most days.

         As I got out of the car, I went inside to find David and Justin. I had to have a talk with those two. What they were doing wasn't smart, especially when they were doing it to Amber. She was different. It wasn't good to play with different. In actual fact it was dangerous. I spotted them in the living room playing on the games console.

      "Hey you idiots!" I called out making sure I had their attention. Both of their heads snapped back.

      "What?" they asked in unison, seeming confused.

      "Why did you do that to Amber?"

     "Oh because it was fun. Man you should've seen her," David snickered.

     "I have."

      "What? Did she come crying to you?" asked Justin.

    "No. We seemed to have run into each other," I mumbled, dropping onto a beanbag.

      "She was in tears," David laughed. And I shook my head. They really didn't know who they were messing with.

       "I'm going on a date with her," I informed them and their jaws dropped.

      "You can't be serious? With her?" Justin asked unbelievingly.

      "It's not like she has an extra head," I mumbled rolling my eyes at his tone.

       "Yeah, but I hate her," Justin admitted. I looked curiously at him. Why would he hate her? It's not like Amber did anything.

        "Why?" I asked, not grasping the reasons.

        "I just do," Justin shrugged and concentrated back on his video game. I shrugged going to my room and preparing myself for the date that would follow.

         At around a quarter to eight, I was at her house. This was the address Leah gave me after all. As I ringed the bell and waited, I noticed something move from the corner of my eye. I snapped my head around, looking frantically for it. The wind blew eerily and an uneasy feeling settled in my gut. However, all my worries were replaced when the door was yanked open. The sight made me breathless.