The Awakening of the Vampire Princess Ch.21

Copyright: All rights reserved to MaskedAuthor (N. Deviine)

Recap:

Tom's P.O.V  

       At around a quarter to eight, I was at her house. This was the address Leah gave me after all. As I ringed the bell and waited, I noticed something move from the corner of my eye. I snapped my head around, looking frantically for it. The wind blew eerily and an uneasy feeling settled in my gut. However, all my worries were replaced when the door was yanked open. The sight made me breathless.   

_______________________________________________

Amber's P.O.V

          I fidgeted nervously with the hem of my skirt. Would Tom like it? I couldn’t believe he asked me out on a date! Maybe he felt our connection as well? I sure hoped so. Rebecca snapped me out of musings.

          “Tom’s here,” she yelled. I strapped on my heels and ran down the stairs. He stood there with a dishevelled look, but he still managed to look adorable. My heart started beating erratically in my chest at the sight.

           “Hi,” I greeted shyly, a blush coming onto my cheeks. Since when did I blush? I pushed the thought away and concentrated on my date. He returned a lazy smile, eyeing me up and down.

           “Someone looks pretty tonight,” he commented, a kind smile forming on his lips.

          “Thank you,” I responded, making myself walk past the door. He grabbed my hand and intertwined his fingers into mine.

           “You be safe kids,” Becky called out, her voice care-free and full of laughter. I smiled at my sister’s embarrassing words, trying to keep my blush at bay. I expected Darcy to say such a remark, not Becky.

            Darcy was mopping around the house these days. She rarely attended school anymore and even wore more conservative clothing. At first everyone thought she was ill, but something in Darcy changed. Drastically. I guess you could say I was worried about her. She changed a lot in the past few weeks.

            “Where are we going?” I asked curiously, noting we turned away from the direction of the town.

             “A little place I know,” Tom winked seductively at me. I smiled back at him, noticing he wasn’t so cold anymore, but warm and welcoming. The drive was peaceful and a comfortable silence settled between us. I couldn’t help but admire the scenery that surrounded me. The coniferous trees, got thicker and thicker, constricting the moon’s light from flooding the debris floor. The ambience of the whole place was tranquil. Soon Tom parked his jeep on a steep hill.

             “So you decided to push me off a hill. Huh? Well that is a romantic murder,” I admitted jokingly and Tom laughed at my assumption.

              “No, it’s just a place I know. Trust me?” he asked, as he opened my passenger door. I stared into his violet eyes and felt myself being lost in them. They were very intense.

              “Of course,” I breathed out, taking his hand. There was a light breeze that blew by gently. The crescent moon was hanging high in the sky and the stars were littered across the blackness. After a five minute walk, we emerged from the thick trees that surrounded everything to a small, homely looking cottage. It stood by the edge of the cliff, barley tipping over it. You could hear the waves crashing against the rocky coast down below. Curiosity got the better of me and I steered Tom to the edge of the cliff, so that I could witness the beautiful scenery.