The Awakening of the Vampire Princess Ch.18

Here is the new chapter like I promised :D More explanations shall be included in the next chapter and you will find out I created a whole other story for the creation of vampires. I wanted it to be unique. :D Enjoy

xx(MaskedAuthor) Gina

__________________

Recap:

For the first time I let silent tears cascade down my cheeks, as I nestled my face in the crook of David's neck. He was a creature capable of tenderness. From there on, I had no doubt in my choice.   

_____________

Chapter 18

    Amber's P.O.V 

    Several days passed since the incident. I still had reoccurring nightmares about that night; about Styrr in general. No one answered my unspoken question but by the looks of things, I could tell I wouldn't like the answer very much. Josh's parents took the news badly and made a burial ceremony for him. I didn't know him well apart from him bullying me, but he was so young. It wasn't fair. I never really thought about death as a vampire since I got used to the idea of immortality but this shook something deep inside of me. This showed me even we had something to fear. Death came to us, just as it did to humans. What hurt the most was the fact I would see Rebecca and Darcy die.

    The thought still sent shivers to my body. My mind still hadn't grabbed the concept of death and I quite didn't want to. It was terrifying to think of it, so I tried to keep it at bay. We are young, still having to experience the joys and sorrows of life. It didn't seem fair for anyone to never experience that but, life seldom was. Mr. Gallagher's voice brought me out of contemplative state.

"Amber, get dressed or we'll be late," he ordered me brusquely. I shot him a dirty look before grabbing my dress and shutting the door in his face.

     Mr. Gallagher, my science teacher, was my mother's soon to be fiancée. He paraded around the house as if he owned the place. The worst thing was dad wasn't anywhere to be seen these past few days. I still couldn't believe what my grandmother did to our family. I didn't mind being married off if it ensured my mother's safety since she went rogue when she escaped. However I didn't get why she had break my mom, this way. It was painful seeing my mother stifling so many grimaces during the day when he would kiss her.

    Reluctantly I slipped on my plain black dress that came to my knees. Josh's funeral was today and since he was one of the noble's sons, it was quite a date. My feet numbly slipped into the black pumps and I put on some eyeliner. On my way down stairs I met with Darcy and Rebecca.

"Do you have any idea who Styrr is?" I whispered as we walked downstairs.

"I tried looking the name up but I found nothing," Darcy shrugged indifferently. I nodded turning my attention to Rebecca who had a sly grin on her face.

"Figures you wouldn't go anywhere near books," she remarked snidely. Darcy pinned her with a menacing glare.

"Looks like someone didn't get laid in a long time," Darcy shot back smugly.

"Well I didn't sleep with the whole football team."

"Yeah and you aren't the most beautiful girl in school."