| Chapter Seven | Blackmail

He woke up, laying in Ravencross Ruins, or actually, the Crimson Outpost. But he was awakened by someone shaking him, a familiar voice speaking to him. Ty's eyes open, his eyes meeting up with crystal blue eyes.

"Hey, you awake? Good, they're coming." They said. Ty's vision clears, Ty stays silent, staring at them. 'This person...This person is so familiar.' Ty thought.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming." Ty heard and a figure went straight through him. Ty's eyes widen for a second, the person looking almost exactly like him, but his eyes. They were a dark shade of purple instead of his discolored colored ones. Ty follows them, he looks over the side and gapes in surprise. The ruins aren't ruins, they look functional and he can tell a small team of soldiers are here and the other two. Ty recalls having dreams of war but he always assumed they were nightmares that he mind made up. Ty runs after the two figures. 'They are talking in dragon tongue.' Ty thought. One of them has wings and the other does not. The Ty lookalike looks like how Ty is now except for some black-colored armor on his chest.

"You should wear more armor--"

"Armor throws off my balance while I'm flying. And besides, my skin is the equivalent of dragon scales." The Ty look-alike said. The other looks at him.

"Your dragon skin protects you against burns, not stab wounds or arrows. Or potions." He said. The look-alike flinched, looking at his friend.

"I'm aware of my vulnerability. I'll be fine." He said.

"Don't do anything too crazy, Tobias. I still have to bring a Prince back home to the Kingdom after this crazy plan of yours." He said. Prince Tobias rolls his eyes.

"Oh Acanthi, you loved the plan. The Staton Empire is gonna attack and purge the towns on the other side of the jungle. We are the only thing standing in their way, our only job is to hold them long enough for the towns to get evacuated." Prince Tobias said. They walk outside. The group of men get up and go over. Ty walks beside Tobias. "Okay, we know what we need to do. We cannot let any Staton soldier out of this jungle, we are the only thing standing between them and 3 towns. The evacuation started long ago, but they need more time. So we have to stop the Staton Army here and hold them as long as possible. And...I'm not promising anyone will be going back home after this. But the Kingdom is counting on us and so are the families in those towns. So....if you want to leave, go now. We won't punish you if you decide to leave." No one moves, Tobias smiles a little.

"Prince, you know we aren't going anywhere. And besides, we can't let you and Acanthi go in alone." One of the soldiers said. Tobias and Acanthi go down to their level, Ty hears horses and men in the distance. Tobias looks over at them, and back at the men. He pulls out a bow and Ty looks at the quiver attached to his hip. His wings stretch out.

"Alright, are we ready for this? We may not live through this, but make sure to put a big dent in their army." Tobias said. The others smile.

"Watch yourself, your highness, the Kingdom still needs their heir." One of them said.

"That's what my sisters are for," Tobias said. Tobias goes into the air, Ty watches the men pull out their weapons, hiding behind trees and in bushes. Ty runs towards the army, his eyes widen as they go past them.