| Prologue | Tyler Ellis

Oh wow I did not mean for this to be so long....well...who cares?!

Update day for this book is on Tuesdays because why the hell not?!

And do you guys like the long chapters like this or short ones like my usual? Because this prologue is 3525 words long...

My usual is between 1000 and 2500 words

But I hope you all enjoy and trust me that it was worth the long wait for this book to come out...
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

His hand grazed it, a jagged stone brick decorated with moss and dirt. His discolored eyes gazing along the deteriorated structure. The structure being an long abandoned outpost that has fallen into ruins over time. People call it the Ravencross Ruins since ravens always seem to be on or by the ruins. The ruin's name is long lost since no one can read the language that's imprinted on the stone bricks of the building. Although he has never said he could read it, Ty can. He's has always had trouble reading and writing Astinaian. But he can read and write the ancient language without struggling. And yet, he has no idea how he knows it so well.

Ty is a lean, medium height young man. He has brown hair that's swept to cover the top left side of his face. It covers his discolored eyes, one red and the other being green. He never found that his eyes being strange since his best friend has yellow eyes. He also wore a white t-shirt with a black leather jacket and dark grey pants with black sneakers. But what he is most known for is his black headset with lime green coloring.

He eyes went to symbols that are on stones, he stops, reading them to himself. 'The Crimson Outpost.' He read. Ty gripped the horse reins in his hand, he got himself lost in Scorched Jungle. The jungle is a lustful one, but the tree are burden with black marking as if something put it there. As soon as he walked inside the outpost, his horse nuzzled his back making him stumble forward. He looks behind him, smiling at the darken ash grey horse. He pets him.

"It's fine, we are almost out of the jungle, Smokey." He smoothed. Smokey nuzzles Ty's chest and Ty smiles. Ty turns from Smoky, pulling on his reins. "Come on." Smoky follows Ty, they left the ruins after a few minutes. Ty moved obstacles out of the way so Smoky could maneuver through the jungle. They come out at the side, Ty sighs. "The LandBridge. There you are." Ty mounted up onto Smokey's back and they head towards it. The Landbridge, it is the only thing that is connecting the two giant landmasses together. A long and wide piece of thin land that can only have use in the warm months, but during winter is another story. Underneath it is the Grey Abyss, a wide rushing river that splits the two islands. Ty stopped Smokey, feeling like something is pulling him to go back into the jungle. He looks behind him, at the jungle, he was almost gonna turn around. But Smokey shook his head and neighed at Ty, pulling him back to reality. He puts his hand on his head, feeling it start to hurt.

"Sorry, bud..come on." Ty said. They go at a reasonable pace, it is dangerous to go fast across the bridge since it isn't trustworthy. Once Ty crossed it, he smiled at the warm breeze and seeing the long grass rippled like a wave. Hollow Plains, north is Void City and to the south is the Sky Army. Ty turns south, letting Smokey gallop through the high plateau. He could hear yelling in the distance, he smiled knowing he was back home. Ty spots a group of recruits training in the plains. He turns Smokey towards them, slowing down as he got closer. He stops next to Ian. Ian looks up at Ty.