Secrets

I hate my life. My fostor parents hate me. My real parents are dead and I have absolutley no friends. I don't even know my real last name! I am only 10 years old so I suppose there is still time though.

I am currently eating dinner with my so called parents. My fostor brother Braden, who is a year older than me, sits to my right, Mr. and Mrs. Crystal sit across from me. In case you hadn't figured it out, Mr. and Mrs. Crystal are my fostor parents. Of course i don't call them mom and dad cause they are not, and never will be my parents.

Braden is pretty nice to me, but only when his parents aren't around. He often visits me in my small room in the basement though. You can't really blame the kid for something he didn't do, but i still have a hard time getting along with him.

An important thing you should know about me is that i am a demigod. I only just found out last summer when my best friend, Carter, turned out to be a satyr. I told you that both my parents were dead, but my father isn't. He is as good as dead though with as much attention that he gives me. In case you were wondering he is Neptune, or Poseidon. When I was born his form was flickering between greek and roman and he was right in between them when i entered the world so i am both the child of Neptune and Poseidon. Not knowing whether to put me in Camp Half-Blood or Camp Jupiter, i am allowed to go to both as long as i don't mention the other camp in the one i am at. It is pretty complicated and i dont understand it all myself, but i get to go to both camps for the first time this year and i am really excited.

Anyway back to the present time. I just finished my plate of food which, I might add, was considerably smaller than their's when Mrs. Crystal screamed at me to clean up her plate. I sighed. I can't wait to get out of here.

"Don't forget mine!" my dear "father" barked at me, "Take Braden's as well." Braden looked glumly at me and handed me his plate and silverware. I smiled to let him know i didn't care. I do care though, and he knows it by the look on his face.

I am halfway done cleaning the dishes for tonight when a loud tapping sound came from the window right above the sink. I looked up, startled. Mrs. Crystal screamed and Braden looked stunned. Mr. Crystal however said,"Owl," rather stupidly.

As my eyes came into focus i realized that he was right. There was a large brown owl tapping on our kitchen window with a large envelope attached to its leg. As i got over my shock, I realized that Mr. Crystal had opened the window and was attempting to hit it with a broom

"No! Please don't," I said, but it didnt matter because the owl dodged it and flew into the house staight towards me. I cringed waiting for the impact but gently settles on my shoulder and held out the leg with the envelope. It took me a moment to realize that it wanted me to take the letter.

"Get that thing out of my house!" Mr. Crystal yelled. As if on cue, as soon as i untied the letter, it soared right back out the window. They stared at me as if i might have gotten rabies from it or something. Honestly! How are these people fit to take care of kids!

I took advantage of their shock and went to my room to read the letter. The front stated exactly where i had been in my house when i received the letter, which was in the kitchen by the sink. Creepy. I ripped it open.

Dear Ms. Grace,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.
Your sincerely,
Minerva Mcgonagall,
Deputy Headmistress

I say stunned. My last name is Grace? the witch part doesn't really surprise me after finding out about demigods, but after 10 years of not knowing my last name, i find out like this?

"Kasey!" a growling voice came from upstairs. Three guesses who that is. I hid my letter and started up the stairs towards the voice.

This was a pretty boring chapter, but like every good book, you have to know the back story before you can get to the interesting part. I hope you liked it. Comment!!! I have two questions for you. The first is, who do you think her siblings are? The second is, do you think she should have a crush on Percy and or the other way around?