Chapter 11: No Memory

Crystal's POV

The last thing I remember before I wake up in a white room was seeing my real dad, my grandpa, and my uncle. "Good to see you're back now," I hear a voice say. I turn and see it's a doctor. I'm in a hospital! What's going on? "Why am I here? What happened?" I ask. "You don't remember? Do you know who you are?" He says. "No, the last thing I remember was being at home with my family for New Years. But yes I know who I am, I'm Crystal." I respond. "Ma'am do you know what year we're in?" He asks. I look at him confused, "uhm yeah? We just started the year 2012." He looks at me with concern, "Ma'am we're in 2014. As of right now it's already April 1st." I'm in shock. How could this be happening. I don't remember basically 2 years of my life? "You were beaten badly and shot on your left shoulder on the back and they hit you pretty hard with the gun in the back of your head. You were starting to bleed out since it had been about 10-15 minutes when you got to the hospital. Luckily we were able to stop the bleeding from your shoulder and your head." I can't believe this is happening right now. Holy shit and it's Jasmin's birthday today. I check the time and it's 2:50.. I look outside the window and realize it's AM because it's dark out.

Narrators POV

After Thalia pulled the white sheet off they were surprised to see it wasn't Crystal who was underneath the sheet. Sad for the girl but relieved it wasn't Crystal. They all took a deep breath. And then Thalia covered her up again. She did resemble the description they gave to the doctor so they understood the mix up. Desiree showed the doctor a picture of Crystal and he realized that was the girl they had just saved. He apologized for the mix up and told them to go to the reception and show the nurse her picture. She should then let them know what room she was in.

Crystal's POV

I think I died for a moment. Because nothing else explains the fact that I saw my grandpa, uncle, and real dad. They were concerned to see me. I'll never forget their words.

Desiree's POV

I show the lady at the reception the picture of Crystal and she tells us she's in room 6. We all rush to the room. When we walk in she turns towards us. I no longer feel this huge weight on my heart. It's such a relief to see that she's okay. I go up to her and give her a hug. "Don't ever scare us like that again. Don't ever leave us Crystal."

Esmeralda's POV

It's such a relief to see she didn't pass away. I start crying because just thinking about actually losing her is one of the scariest things that could happen to us. I go over after Desiree moves and give Crystal a hug as well. I notice she looks confused. But I don't ask or say anything. She just smiles at us though.

Jasmin's POV

When I seen it wasn't Crystal underneath that white sheet my heart felt relieved. Like it went from broken back to whole. Now seeing her awake and not in danger is such an amazing feeling. I'm glad she's out of danger.

Thalia's POV

I'm glad that she's still here with us all. My eyes get all watery. I feel like an emotional wreck right now. After Jasmin gives her a hug I go in and give her a hug. Although I wanna hug her super tight, I don't because I don't want to hurt her.

Crystal's POV

It looks like the girls have been crying. I start crying because they all look a little older than I remember. I can't believe it's been 2 years already. I don't want to scare them so I don't even tell them I don't remember these last 2 years. They start asking me what happened and not to ever scare them like that again. I don't even know what to say so I just tell them that I don't want to talk about it right now. Then the doctor comes in.