Chapter 16: Puzzle Complete

Crystal's POV

While we're kissing, it all comes back to me. From the beginning. Things I knew and things I didn't. And I was finally able to put all the puzzle pieces together.

*Crystal's Freshmen Year*

Crystal's POV

The first day of high school. It's finally here. It's a pretty exciting yet nerve wrecking feeling. I pick out some black shorts and a purple v-neck. I connect my iPod to my stereo and turn my music on. I always listen to music when I'm getting ready. I connect my curler and start curling my hair. I pin the top of my hair. I put on my all black vans. I grab my lip gloss and put some on. I put on my earrings and my cross necklace. When I'm done getting ready, I call my cousin Thalia to see if she's ready.

"Hey bitch"

"You ready yet?"

"Yeah, are you picking me up or what?"

"Yeah, I'm coming over now. The bus gets there at 7:45 right?"

"Yeah I think so."

"Alright it only takes like 10 minutes to get there, so I have enough time to go pick you up. That way we could walk together"

"Alright, I'll be waiting."

Thalia lives about 5 houses down. As I'm about to leave I wake up my sister Desiree, my brothers Francisco, and Jose. My big brother Joaquin moved out in the summer for college. I say bye to my mom and dad and head out. My brother Arturo is in 8th grade and his bus stop is right next to mine. Jasmin lives right across and she's coming out as we are. She seems nervous since it's her first day of middle school. I tell her everything will be fine. We go over to Thalia's and pick her up. We all walk over to the bus stop and talk while we wait. The middle school bus gets there 2 minutes before the high school bus. Me and Thalia say bye to my brother and cousin Jasmin. Then I realize Fabiola also takes the same bus as us. When I was in 7th grade Fabiola was in 8th. I didn't really like her. I mean I didn't have anything against her, she just seemed stuck up. When she seen me and Thalia, she smiled at us. We smiled back.

"If you guys need help finding your classes, I'll be more than happy to help you guys out." Fabiola says as we're sitting down on the bus.

"Thank you, that would be nice." I reply with a smile.

Thalia smiles, "Yeah, thank you."

"No problem."

Wow, she's a lot nicer than I thought. That saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover" is definitely true. When we get our schedules, we see that we all have the same 1st per. P.E. class. The first day of P.E. is pretty chill and our teacher Mrs. Perez is really nice. We're all talking and seeing if we have more classes together. I've always been kind of a nerd when it came to school. I had honors or advanced classes. So P.E. was the only class I had with my cousin, but we did realize that all of our classes would be right by each other. Me and Fabiola had one more class together, which was 5th per. Geometry. Depending what class room we had 4th per. Determined whether we had A or B lunch. To our surprise, we all had A Lunch so we were happy.

4th per. was my biology class. When I was about to walk in, me and this guy bumped into each other.

"Sorry." We both say and laugh.

When I look up, I'm left speechless. He's the most handsome guy I've seen. He's tall, about 5'9. He's slim. Has light brown eyes, black spikey hair. It's not long but just right. And he has the cutest smile ever. I feel butterflies flying in my stomach like crazy. He smiles at me. I smile back. We see we have a seating chart, so everyone is looking for their name on the desks. To my surprise me and this guy sit right next to each other. I see his name is Omar. He bites his bottom lip in a seductive way and laughs.