Fifty-Five - The Other Team

FIFTY-FIVE

The Other Team

“How can he be gay?!” Catherine decodes another non-refundable lamenting to herself. “He’s just so perfect and we get along so well, and . . . Maybe it’s women who are to blame. Maybe, after generations of men being abused and hurt and bewildered by women’s tricks and manipulations and complexities in relationships -- the bitches -- maybe men developed a self-defence mechanism so deep that it altered them biologically, or genetically,  and so, some of them evolved to stay away from females, and to turn to men instead, to simple, straightforward men. I know that I myself had to get away from a super-bitch in my life: not all moms should be moms. And plus, some of the men even evolved to behave feminine, which is another self-defence mechanism, I guess, to be like a woman in order not to be picked on by them. To be like the bullies in order to not be bullied.

Or maybe . . . maybe it was straight men’s fault for plastering sex everywhere and for allowing young eyes who weren’t ready to see, to see and watch, because then those boys ran from women, because they were freaked out. ‘Cooties’ are very real to them, you know. And can’t you just imagine fathers wanting their young sons to join the pack of users and haters of women as soon as possible? I can.

And  . . . And you can’t have homosexuality everywhere and all okay and acceptable and think that boys and men won’t try it, because males eventually try everything dick-related that’s easily available, right? And when they’re in prison, you know that even straight men turn to . . .  so . . .  Well, it’s not just for college and prison anymore. And then, when more men try it out, they end up finding someone who’s much more about intimate physical stuff like they themselves are, so . . .

Well, so your guy goes anywhere now, and you really can’t know for sure what he’s doing there, and, just like that, diseases times two genders. And gonorrhoea is no longer responding to antibiotics, I heard, because it’s become resistant, just like many other bacteria that we used to be able to kill. And plus, just like that, your heart just never feels safe anymore, like it used to when your guy was with the guys and you didn’t have to worry about anything like that. My cousin walked in on her husband doing it with the husband of her best friend. And all of that is just more anxiety that women have to deal with, now. And it’s all becoming too much. Really.

And yes, I know that biology is definitely a factor, that some genes or DNA or something were altered. Maybe by pollution, greenhouse gases. Hey, global warming’s popular right now. Something that affected the fetus, or conception, and changed it. Starting long before global warming, of course. I know. Or, well, maybe nature just wants less humans ruining the planet because there are too many of us on it now, making a mess of things, so men to men . . . But why him?!

And how could he tell me that ‘love always comes first?’ If it really did, then he could love me, because, as men always tell us, love has nothing to do with sex, right? So . . . And the guy that he does love is more feminine than me, so . . . So, he just can’t love me because my parts don’t amuse him, or they repulse him. And that’s that. And even with all the tricks that I now know, never in a million years could I give him what he wants, and that hurts, because I love him. I think of him every day. And seeing him makes me smile and come alive, and then it hurts. And . . . okay, so I really think that gay men demean women just like straight men do because they don’t care about us at all. I mean, not at all. Ouch. If we all vanished from the face of the Earth . . . And some of them even have that certain snarl on their face, that disdain, when they talk to women. Makes you feel bad for being one, for being a woman. My apologies. Sorry.

God, there are just so few men now who can be women’s princes. There just aren’t enough nice ‘breeders,’ and too many lonely women, so how can we not be sore at the men on the other team? I don’t mean hateful. I mean . . . sore. Gay men, after all, leading fulfilling lives, leads to even more women never having fulfilled lives, and that’s not phobia: it’s suffering. And it’s women’s, in the place of gay men’s, who came out and no longer married women, and so, women lost out on good husbands and fathers. Great for them, so bad for us.