Twenty-Five - Help On the Way In, Help on the Way Out

This is the same chapter that I uploaded originally (January 1st or 2nd, 2014). I wanted to fix spacing, and ended up losing all the original reads and votes. :(  

TWENTY-FIVE

Help On the Way In, Help On the Way Out

The four hours of the third cycle of weekend play come and go, and when the fourth cycle is then upon the participants of this weekend’s “art fest,” Tristan is hungry. It is 1:40 p.m., Saturday, and the first of two sleep cycles for the masters will begin at two. In order to satisfy hunger first, Tristan and Catherine leave the art room and walk to the buffet one. Even if she were not hungry as well, Catherine would still follow Tristan, since true submissives remain with their master at all times, with very few exceptions. Mere minutes of separation for combo negotiations, for example, is acceptable, with the submissive remaining in her master’s station, but if this master is away for any longer than that, a contest attendant must remain with a true submissive in his absence.

It is not that the masters cannot be trusted, but that true submissives belong to and with their master. Of course, with so much sex playing upon the masters’ male minds for so many consecutive hours, rare incidents have indeed happened in the past at masters’ hands, during weekend events, but for the greater part, the beings who especially cannot be trusted are the non-refundable submissives, due to female pettiness and jealousy, among other such negative traits. In Catherine’s case, add to that base Tristan’s celebrity power, and her peculiar effect on certain men, and the only logical conclusion that can be reached is that she must therefore not be without his protection, that his art upon her must therefore not be without his protection.

When Catherine walks by the non-refundable who insulted her about her fellatio knowledge, and whom Catherine  then in turn insulted about her fellatio skills, the woman proves the men’s point of female pettiness and jealousy by once again vindictively attacking Catherine. She once again fails to make contact, however, this time because Catherine is quick at protecting herself, as well as Tristan’s work. Since he is walking a few steps ahead of her, he does not see this second attempted assault directed at his submissive by this same non-refundable. As she looks into the woman’s eyes, Catherine’s mind flashes the image of a suitcase on wheels being taken away down a venue corridor. She pushes the image away. Calm down. Now. Fully.

“Go ahead. Call your master,” the woman snarls at Catherine, her face a mere few inches from hers. “If we were on the streets, I’d kill you. Bet you never spent even an hour where I live.”

Catherine attempts to walk by the non-refundable, her face without reply to the threat. The woman, however, takes steps to one side, and then towards the other, in order to stop Catherine’s departure.

“Don’t be stupid,” Tristan’s submissive therefore warns her.

“The idiot you’re with messed up my shoulder, and my so-called master then put me through more pain popping it back in. ‘I’m surrounded by idiots’ has never been as true as it is this weekend.”

 “So what are you going to do?” Catherine calmly asks.

 “Wait ’til that ass doubles back for you.”

 “And then what?”

 “Mess you up before he reaches you,” she replies, her eyes on Tristan, who continues to walk ahead.

“And what’ll happen to you then?”

“End of the stupid games for me? End of the come games? Boo-hoo,” she replies, sarcastically.