Daughter of Artemis 27

<>Chapter 27<>

I knew something was up. The second I saw Connor later that day, I knew he was sick. His face was almost purple, he had huge bags under his eyes, which I can't believe I didn't notice before, and he started to look very skinny. Not only that, but he was as quiet as ever. It had been a week and a half since I started the quest, and since the spider attack, he's been weird. How could I not have noticed this change? Instead of wondering about it though, I went up to him and pulled him over.

"What's wrong?" I demanded. Connor's face went pale, or at least paler than it already was.

"Nothing," he said, his voice hoarse.

"Connor, please don't lie to me. Please tell me the truth. I know this isn't a cold, and it isn't allergy season. Fevers don't normally last this long. They can, but not normally. What happened?" I asked, adding all of my worry into my tone.

Connor scanned my face and let out a sigh. He suddenly pulled me into a hug. It was strange, how safe I felt all of a sudden and how he felt like he could hug me like that. I let him though. He wrapped his long arms around my waist, and pulled me close. I lifted my arms, too, and held onto his waist. He just embraced me for a few moments with his head resting on top of mine. He finally whispered, "I'm dying."

At first, I felt nothing. Just nothing. Then shock and pain hit me like a brick. I carefully, but quickly stepped out from under his tall figure. "What?!" I practically screeched.

"Shh..." he hushed me. "I'm dying, Sylvia. Remember the day that we were attacked by the spiders?" I nodded. "A spider injected poison, Dreamshade, into my blood. Dreamshade is supposed to kill you in two weeks, and it's been pretty much a week and half. I have only four days left to live, and each day I feel myself getting weaker and weaker."

I was crying now. It made sense to me now, why Connor was the way he was. Its like what the moon told me, that someone would have to say goodbye. The moon meant someone would die. That someone would be Connor. He was going to die.

I balled my hands into fists. "There has to be a cure, there has to!" I said in between hiccups. He shook his head.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he kept chanting as he brought his arms up and grabbed my shoulders. He led his hands up to my face, and cradled it. He used his thumbs to wipe away the nonstop tears.

I used my hands and brought them up. I flattened them against his chest, and felt his heartbeat. Soon, too soon, it wouldn't be beating anymore. It would be silent. I looked up at Connor, who was desperately and tiredly staring down at me. He managed a weak smile, then dropped his hands and arms. He turned around and started to walk to catch up with the group.

"Wait!" I yelled after him. He stopped and turned around. I ran up to him and stopped just before I crashed into him. I looked up at his exhausted eyes, and held the stare.

Our lips met when he bent down and I tilted my head up. He grabbed me by the waist and tugged me to him. I wrapped my fingers in his curly locks, and slightly tugged. Our lips moved in sync, mimicking each others movements. I felt tingles everywhere when he wrapped his arms around my back, locking me in place. The kiss lasted a couple of seconds, before we both pulled back for air.

We just stared at each other with wide eyes for a few moments. "Sylvia!" Connor gasped.

My face warmed, and I felt myself get red. "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me," I said. It was true, I didn't know what came over me. It wasn't my power either, I had no clue what it was. I couldn't possibly be in love with Connor, could I? Was I? No, it would be.. impossible.

He was only staring at me, his face returned a normal color. It was only because he was blushing. Slowly, so very slowly, he started frowning. I looked down, ashamed of myself. How stupid could I be? Or.. maybe I was just a bad kisser. My chin was lifted up though, by a soft hand.

"Sylvia, that was amazing, but don't ever do that again," Connor said strictly. Confusion and anger took over me.

"What?" I gasped. "What do you mean, 'don't ever do that again'? You think it was amazing but you don't think we should do that again?"

"No, no! I liked it a lot and I want to do it again, but we can't," he explained.

I gave him a look. "Why?"

"Sylvia, I'm practically dead!" he cursed.

"NO! Don't say that, you're not dead. Not while I'm living."

"Not to mention, you're mother is basically the goddess of... well, virgins. I can't expect you to break Artemis's word for me."

"What if I want to? Doesn't that count?" I asked, absentmindedly.

"Unfortunately, I don't think it does."

I gasped. Almost everything I felt disappeared. "You're wrong. She asked for Zeus to make her a virgin. Not her daughter. I do have a choice in this, but if you can't respect that, then I too, don't want to do that again. Not ever."

He held a stricken and shocked face as I stomped around him, back towards the group. A tear streamed down my face, followed by many. I thought Connor would be amazing, wonderful, a nice guy. I was wrong.

<>Connor's P.O.V<>

Dreadful. That's the only word I could think of. I felt dreadful. I was dying, I ruined Sylvia's feelings, I ruined my feelings. I wasn't only dying physically but mentally as well.

Sylvia thought I didn't think her word counted. Oh, how I did, but it was the only thing I could think of to keep her away from me. She would've been heartbroken if she found me dead and still had feelings. I'd rather her be angry and not hurt so much that she'd be sad when I was gone. I just hoped that it'd be fast, not slow and painful.

I'd also felt great. For once in the last few weeks, I felt alive. Sylvia had done more than kiss me. She gave me something I'd never had before. Lust. I yearned for her. I can't explain it, but it's like she's a magnet and I needed her to find my match.

I sighed, deep and slow, then turned around and stalked after the group. I didn't exactly pay attention to where I went, and ended up tripping over the bluest rock I'd ever seen. I landed on my face, resulting in dirt all over it. I flipped myself over and pushed myself back up. It was amazing how much it hurt to do the simplest task.

I bent down and picked up the rock. "Cold!" I hissed when it made contact with my palm. I watched my palm. Something was happening to it, it was turning blue! "Guys!" I yelled for everyone. I think I found our ice stone.

<><><><><>
Heyo?

So...

This is kind of awkward.

I can picture you guys giving me a look. A look that says, "WOMAN YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED IN TWO YEARS WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN AND WHAT WAS ALL THAT CONNYLVIA ABOUT"

Yes. Well. *ahem* Awkward.

I have no excuse but being a lazy bum. And the whole Connylvia thing, I don't even know. It just came to me. So um. Comment whatever you want, I mean you almost always do.. so yeh.

Bye.