Daughter of Artemis 7*

Media: Tyson
<>Chapter 7<>

I yank Connor by the hem of his shirt and hug him like my life depended on it. He seemed just as shocked as I was, but his arms made their way to wrap back around me protectively.

"Wait, you're not allowed to do that since you're daughter of Artemis, right?" he said, slightly pulling away and smiling down at me. I laughed breathlessly, still kind of shaken. Taking me by surprise, he grabbed me by the shoulders and looked at me in eyes.

"I-" cough, "We won't let anything happen to you or your mom, I promise-"

"What in the. . . what happened?!" Clarisse shouted as she sluggishly walked over to Connor and I. She resembled a walker from the Walking Dead as she stalked towards us. We immediately split apart, not risking embarrassment; even though Clarisse was about as awake as a hibernating bear. He was, after all, the idiotic prankster and I was the out-of-place demigod who could not, under any circumstances, even handle a sword. But hey, it's not like we have a thing for each other or anything. We've only known each other for about a month.

He is good looking though, with moppy brown hair that unfortunately hangs over his oceanic blue eyes. He has this boyish-teen look to him that makes him stand out among other guys, excluding Travis. He has elfish kind of features like slight upturned eyebrows, a sarcastic smile, and a mischievous gleam in his eyes. He probably stands at 5'11 while his older brother stands at maybe 6'0. Compared to my 5'4 height, they're pretty tall. He's also really fit, and in good shape. So I'd be lying if I said I didn't find him good looking, but that doesn't mean I have feelings for him or anything. He's still a manipulative, deceiving, lying Hermes kid.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Hermes, just his kids.

"I. . . don't really know. I still can't wrap it around my head," I respond, returning to my senses. That was probably the strangest encounter I've ever had in my short 17 years of living. In absolute honesty, I think it scared 10 years off my lifespan.

"What's happening?" Tyson asked, rubbing his sleepy eye with a giant yawn. Everyone came over, looking like a horde of zombies. Connor and I quickly tell them the short version of what happened while they were somehow still sleeping. "That's like what happened to Percy," Tyson says frowning after we're done, "or at least that what he told me."

I looked at Percy in disbelief. "Your mom got taken prisoner by Hades too?" I ask. He nodded his head yes. "Well, then you have to help me get to her! You must know your way in and out of there."

"Oh. . . I don't know." He scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. "It was a while back. And it was a different situation. Besides, your mom is a goddess. She can get out of there without our help."

"So then what do I do? I planned this 'quest' to find her. I won't give up just because she's at this prison in a dark, forbidden, dangerous place. . . She may be a goddess, but I still have to find her. My questions haven't been answered yet." I say, my voice wavering slightly.

"You don't even know her," Annabeth muttered, playing with the tips of her hair.

"Wise girl, keep your mouth shut, okay? I've had enough of your unnecessary crude remarks, and frankly, I'm getting tired of them. You don't know her either. But she is my mother and I'm sure you'd like to save yours too if she was in this kind of situation," I said with anger bubbling up inside me.

"We all don't know one of our parents that well, so actually I don't know if I'd save mine," Clarisse added.

"But that's just you."

"Then I guess I'll just go on my own. You obviously don't care and I'm wondering why any of you even decided to come on this quest with me. The only two people who've shown somewhat interest are Grover and Connor. I didn't even invite you, and I have no idea why wise girl even came. I mean, we're so close as to being friends," I say sarcastically. Seeing their stricken faces hit me like a brick. How can I be so rude when all they wanted to do was help me and protect me?

I took a deep breath, realizing how bratty I sounded. "I'm sorry for the outburst. I'm not used to having a large group with me, especially because I've actually always been on my own. That Hades thing is still taking time to settle because really, it just happened two minutes ago." Everyone nodded, seeming to understand. "Annabeth, I think we got off on the wrong foot. I'd like to start. . . normally. . . talking with you. Think that could happen?" I say. After a moment of consideration, she nods. "Okay," I sigh again. "I think it's time for a good night's sleep," I say. "If there is such a thing," I add. 'Goodnights' are exchanged and this time, everyone goes back to their sleeping bags, including Connor. I was staying up for watch. Lets hope this whole quest/journey thing goes better tomorrow.

<><><><><>

Okay sorry it took me a while to update. I'm on vaca baby! Myrtle Beach whoo! But it's rainy :(( Oh well. It'll get sunnier. AND OHMYGODS I WANT TO FREAKING KILL SOMETHING NOW. MY BROTHER IS SO AAANNNNOOOYYYIIINNNGGGGG! I'm going to drown him in the pool. *evil smile*

Ah yes, sorry it's so short. Erm
I'll try to do better, I promise
Okay bye